Minor Mac/Axe 3/Axe Edit question. (sleep)

Luth2000

Inspired
Ok this is basic but driving me a little crazy. I'll be working on my computer, everything running fine. phone rings, or lunch or other break; long pause from any audio. Axe edit eventually disconnects, and when I return to playing, can't get Edit to reconnect without powering down/up the Axe 3 again. Shouldn't there be an easy way to "wake up" the connection from Axe 3 to the computer? If I quit and restart Axe Edit, no connection.

And then 2nd question - why is this happening? I don't think the computer is sleeping. Does the Axe 3 sleep?

Anyone else ever had this problem? I hate to keep powering down/up the unit several times a day if I don't need to.

Thanks! Luther

thats really weird man. that doesnt happen to me, even when my computer goes into sleep mode. be mindful when u have issues to mention what FW you are running and if youve tried a reset to solve the issue. heres a list of things u can try
  • try a different usb cable
  • try a different usb port on computer
  • update FW
  • do a hardware reset on the axe fx

there shouldnt be any loss of connection between axe edit and axe 3 unless computers off or axe 3 is off

He noted it was a Mac. I use a MacBook, I’ve never had that issue. You might check your power settings on the Mac. Is it old hardware , old version of macOS? I know I’m guessing, but I haven’t read anyone posting about this either. No, the fx3 doesn’t sleep.

Edit: Also, as mentioned could be a bad cable. Maybe this article can get you started. General usb connectivity issue seems to be pretty common.

https://www.idownloadblog.com/2022/08/31/how-to-fix-usb-devices-not-connecting-to-mac/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom