Mini Game : Axe fx Vs JP2C - hardcore mode !

My name is mud

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
RESULTS : 1 is real amp , 2 is the axe (everytime)

concerning the process . I record a track with the head and torpedo , and then I tweak the amp block of the axe with the exact same IR to approach at maximum BY EARS .
Have fun . Played with an us strat with di marzio fast track 2 humbucker (I f I remember the pickup hahaha )

Last edited:
I think Clean1 is the Axe and Gain 2 is the axe. Mid gain 2 might also be the axe.

At the very least all were brighter, which might be because of the torpedo stuff's hyping of the lows. Or you adjust the real amp to be brighter counter this and confused me.

As I said, I have tweaked the amp block (basic control only) , the settings are not the same in the head and amp block, I match them by ears

The clean 1 is a bit louder and bigger than the clean 2.

Clean 2 feels compressed like it's limited by some source.

The mid gain 1 sound really close to each other - the difference is so minor!

The high gain sounds the same! The only difference I can feel is in the low chug notes. They're different.

The axe is only a amp block, nothing else . Direct to the soundcard and two notes wall of sound software, with a Fortin IR . The head in the torpedo , soundcard , and same Ir and setting than the axe . I start to record the real head, and just try while tweaking to approach it as much as I can in a few minutes. I don’t have tweaks 2 hours or 2 days for it . Maybe it’s possible to do even more but I think it’s already hard to tell which is which .

i hope it will learn that even if the torpedo got some salt and pepper by default, you can adjust it while tweaking . They are buttons everywhere in the axe or in wall of sound …

Back
Top Bottom