Midi Piano loop recommendations?

grandinq

Power User
I am looking to add some ambient piano parts to a song to add some texture. I can hear in my head what sort of parts I want but I have no real piano skills. Cubase has a few built in midi loops, but I need some more variety.

I know there is a lot out there. Can anyone recommend something for piano midi loops?

Just find a friend who can play. You'll get the best results by far.
If that's impossible, you can look at thinks like Toontrack EZ Keys or Logic Session Keyboard player.

Just find a friend who can play. You'll get the best results by far.
If that's impossible, you can look at thinks like Toontrack EZ Keys or Logic Session Keyboard player.
I would love to do that. I've had people do guest vocals etc over the years, but right now I don't have any keys playing people to help.

I just bought it. It indeed is exactly the sort of thing I am looking for! Thanks for the recommendation!

I am looking to add some ambient piano parts to a song to add some texture. I can hear in my head what sort of parts I want but I have no real piano skills. Cubase has a few built in midi loops, but I need some more variety.

I know there is a lot out there. Can anyone recommend something for piano midi loops?
If you can play the kinds of piano parts that you hear in your head on guitar ...

Would MIDI Guitar 2 work for you?

That’s an angle I hadn’t thought of. I had a GR55 years ago. Is this similar?
MIDI Guitar 2 is software from Jam Origin and it works pretty well. The cost is $150 US, but they have a free trial. That's not cheap, but less than either of the Fishman Tripleplay options and works with any electric guitar and requires no hardware, special pickup, etc. It's also polyphonic.

https://www.jamorigin.com/

Fishman: https://www.fishman.com/tripleplay/

Do you have this? I would love to know your experience with it.
I have Jam Origin MIDI Guitar 2 and Fishman Tripleplay. I also owned the Tripleplay Connect, but didn't like having to use a USB cable between the guitar and computer (although it worked fine).

MIDI Guitar 2: It's pretty easy to setup and tracks well. I really like that it doesn't require any additional hardware - no special pickup installed on the guitar. However, you do have to use their software to connect to your DAW. Version 3 is supposed to have significant improvements and I look forward to trying it when it's released.

Tripleplay: Tracking seems better than MG2. You can use their software to setup/calibrate the pickup you have to install on your guitar, but the software doesn't have to be running to connect to your DAW.

I've used both with Cubase, Digital Performer, and Sonar/Cakewalk on Windows with no problems. Both of those work well with Guitar Pro as an input source to create sheet music and tabs.

I have Jam Origin MIDI Guitar 2 and Fishman Tripleplay. I also owned the Tripleplay Connect, but didn't like having to use a USB cable between the guitar and computer (although it worked fine).

MIDI Guitar 2: It's pretty easy to setup and tracks well. I really like that it doesn't require any additional hardware - no special pickup installed on the guitar. However, you do have to use their software to connect to your DAW. Version 3 is supposed to have significant improvements and I look forward to trying it when it's released.

Tripleplay: Tracking seems better than MG2. You can use their software to setup/calibrate the pickup you have to install on your guitar, but the software doesn't have to be running to connect to your DAW.

I've used both with Cubase, Digital Performer, and Sonar/Cakewalk on Windows with no problems. Both of those work well with Guitar Pro as an input source to create sheet music and tabs.
Thanks for the explanations. MIDI Guitar 2 is a tempting price point.

Back
Top Bottom