Midi Mate malfunction on/off

gtrdave

I just set up the Midi Mate and it changes patches just fine but is automatically bringing up the patches with the delay1 and sometimes Chorus1 "off" when the patch is actually saved with delay1, delay2 "on" or chorus "on". If I turn the dial on the AFX to change between patches the patch comes up normal just as if was saved. Any ideas?

Your controller is probably sending CC messages that are bypassing the effects. You need to program your controller to turn/keep the proper effects on.

scarr said:
Your controller is probably sending CC messages that are bypassing the effects. You need to program your controller to turn/keep the proper effects on.

I have a midimate and that's exactly what is happening.

1. Select the patch on the midimate.
2. Set the CC switches (upper row) to how you want the patch in the axe to come up.
3. Edit - Save and you're done.

Just read this I don't quite follow how you set that up. Sorry could you elaborate. I was just replying when I saw your post that there is a fix. Glad to hear that. Here is my post:

Yes I have set up Controller Assignments. I have an old Midi Mate ver.1.2 and to upgrade I need to buy an e-prom and firm. update but it could be done if needed. Here is what I have set up in order. I am missing a few menus that Ver. 2 has like "Rate" etc.. but it should still work.

Midi Channels:
S1CH set to 1
S2CH set to Off
S3CH set to Off
CTRC 1
PEDC 1
Controller Assignment
PEDL Off
SW0 10 (set up for Pan/Trem)
SW1 1 (set for Cho)
SW2 2 (set for QCH)
SW3 3 (set for DLY1) etc.... all 9 set up
Programable Patch Changes
Set2 Off
Set3 Off

Every time I do a Bank change the AFX goes to that Preset but any effects I have saved in the program are Off with the program change. I can turn them on/off just fine when I go to the Controller Menu. What is triggering them off when I patch change. Thank you in advanced for any suggestions. This one's got me stumped.

I believe you have to actually save the preset itself in the Midimate, not just the switch channel setup , etc.

I normally use bank mode where I have five presets and five IA switches available per preset. I'm not too familiar with the other modes. In the mode I use, once I'm on the preset of interest, all I need to do is to set the IA switches (the upper row) to what I want them to be when I recall the program, hit edit and then save. Then, the next time I recall the preset, the IA switches will be where I saved them and the axe will bring up those effects blocks on or bypassed according to how I saved the preset.

Does that make any sense?

Oh the old Save button. I was wondering what that did. LOL! I will try that when I get home. Thank you so much!

Back
Top Bottom