Midi Mapping with Axe-Edit ?

mikemolto

Hi Axe-Community, as brand new Axe FX III user I am grateful to finally enter the realm of the AxeFX and I am curious to be set out for a new learning curve. So it’s great to have this forum with all its expertise and experiences in search for some shortcuts.

For my first question I scrolled already thru the forum, but was, so far, not succesful to find an answer to my question, if there is a way to do “Midi Mapping with Axe-Edit ?”.

Integrated some older gear in the Axe signal chain, which worked seamlessly, however, in order to perfectly synchronize patches and scenes via Midi, I had to use the Midi Map. This worked out pretty well, however, I had to dial in all required data directly on the Axe Screen (Setup/“Midi Remote”), which turned out to be a little cumbersome. Unfortunately this is not a one time effort, when it comes to even small changes within the Map. This, again, might sometimes require changing all entries line by line .

So I was wondering, if there is a less time consuming way for this and searched in the Axe-Editor for a solution to call up the Midi Map and just finish the work with copy+paste. But I was not able to find anything. Perhaps I missed the corresponding menue in Axe-Edit ?

So my question goes to someone who can point me to the right menue of Axe Edit to call up the Midi Map or who found an other elegant solution in order to save the direct input via Axe Screen. Thanks ! Happy to be around here.

Are you asking about assigning CCs to various parameters and controls on the unit? If so, then no...

Or maybe you mean PC Mapping? Also no...

Thanks for your quick reply, although it buries my hopes for an easy solution. Time to develop an even closer relationship with the data wheel ;-)

Not sure I follow exactly what you’re trying to do, so a very brief example might help. FWIW, I use an outboard device (RJM) to MIDI control ALL my gear (including AFX3) and have been much happier (and saner) with the ease of programming/use for orchestrating total presets as a System.

Back
Top Bottom