MIDI help

toni1112

I am using a Morningstar MC8 controller, I programmed switch A to be a CC change to switch the volume pedal on and off in the signal chain. Ive used this controller to run Tracks in Ableton live, no issues when setting a note value to trigger different things, so I am pretty familiar with MIDI and how it all works, channels, values, CC vs PC etc. And I programmed this controller to do all that using the Morningstar Editor.

I used all the correct parameters, far as I know, but it does nothing but flash the green light on the AXE. No change in the actual status of the block, it doesn't react at all. Trying to figure out where I am going wrong here, and seeing as how the green light flashes that a midi message is being sent to the AXE, its gotta be that I programmed the wrong type of MIDI command in (I used CC and I think its 53, I used whatever the manual said was the number for that particular block, Volume/Pan 1) and sent it on channel 1, the default channel, with the value the manual says to program in to change it off and on. Just can't seem to get a result in the AXE. Thanks for any help.

Did a deep dive, put some things together and Voila! Everything is dialed in a working flawlessly. Just needed to explore toggle mode for CC changes more. I was used to programming using MIDI note on/off values for triggers. Same concept, just had to enable the toggle mode feature on the switch, pos 1 to 127, then msg two pos 2 to 0. All good.

Back
Top Bottom