Wish MIDI block: expression pedal to CC value

DLC86

Fractal Fanatic
I wish there was a way to control external gear by using an expression pedal connected to the axe fx or FC and sending midi CCs with values based on its position.

Maybe it could be done by letting the user attach a modifier to the value of a CC message in the midi block?

Last edited:
I don't currently need this, but I agree it would be useful for many.
+1 on both parts of this.

Could be useful for recording, too, so espression pedal sweeps and switch controller state changes could be sent out to the recording software for use when reamping and so clumsy/ill-timed controller operations could be 'fixed in the mix'....

Having said all that, concurrent with this capability should be a mapping table/array for translating the returning recorded MIDI CC/Switch info back to the original espression/switches when reamping. This concurrent capability would also allow some useful other possibilities for external sequencing of an FC-connected AxeFx III by simply sending the correct controller numbers and values which some may find handy....

Last edited:
+1 bump :) I’ve been combing through the manual, wiki and the like trying to figure this out. Turns out this is what I’m looking for so maybe some day.

I could use it to modify some external effects in my rack potentially

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom