MIDI AND UPDATES

ANT812

i have had an ultra for a little over a month now and am very happy with it. i have never done anything that even had anything to do with midi, this will be my first. i was at sam ash and picked up am m audio midisport 1x1 for $40. now that im home, i looked and didnt see it reccomended on the sccessories psge. so my first question is whether or not will i have any issues using it?
also, i have created some presets that i dont want to lose when i do an update, will they still be there?
also, now that i have an interface i would like to download somw presets created by you guys. is it possible to pick the preset location to where it will go? if someone could post sa link on doing this that would be great. i looked for answers to all those questions but didnt find the answers. thanks in advance.

If it's an Uno, people have had some issues with those.

I always start an upgrade session by backing up my presets just-in-case. It's about the only time I do back up though, so it's a good habit. You shouldn't lose anything if the update goes ok though. One time I didn't back-up first, and sure enough...that's when I had an update issue and I lost a little bit of work.

The editor allows you to pretty easily move things around but you need to be prepared to mess things up a little as you learn how to use it.

thanks for the reply, it is an uno, and i did have issues. after about an hour trying to update the unit i gave up and ordered a motu fastlane. correct me if im wrong, but to do an update, i open the update file and just select "send sysx file" after pressing enter on the firmware page of the axe fx, right?
also, how do you backup your presets?

ANT812 said:
thanks for the reply, it is an uno, and i did have issues. after about an hour trying to update the unit i gave up and ordered a motu fastlane. correct me if im wrong, but to do an update, i open the update file and just select "send sysx file" after pressing enter on the firmware page of the axe fx, right?
also, how do you backup your presets?

I use Bome's SendSX. very easy program to use.

INSTALL
install the program and run it
in the menu selt MIDI OUT and MIDI IN to your midi-device
connect MINI-OUT midi-device -> MIDI-IN axe-fx
connect MINI-IN midi-device -> MIDI-OUT axe-fx

TO SAVE YOUR FILES
in the utility menu of the axe-fx select preset dump or bank dump and press enter
in bome's sendsx the MIDIin page will be filled with (hex)numbers
file save midi in as

TO UPDATE FIRMWARE
in the utility menu of the axe-fx select the last page (firmware update I believe) and press enter
in bome's sendsx FILE OPEN and select the firmware and press send

That's it!

for what its worth:

I use an M-audio UNO on a MAC (OS-X 10.4), VISTA and XP. It works great with AXE-FX and Liquid-Foot for editors and updates, etc...

that WASN'T always the case. What I did was simply download the latest drivers from the web-site and reinstalled. It wasn't working well (or at all) until I did this. never had a problem since.

Just updated AXE firmware to 7.08 using UNO on Sunday. MIDI-OX (1024 Buffers, 1024 bytes, 90ms between buffers)

hope this helps someone.

U2JustMe said:
for what its worth:

I use an M-audio UNO on a MAC (OS-X 10.4), VISTA and XP. It works great with AXE-FX and Liquid-Foot for editors and updates, etc...

that WASN'T always the case. What I did was simply download the latest drivers from the web-site and reinstalled. It wasn't working well (or at all) until I did this. never had a problem since.

Just updated AXE firmware to 7.08 using UNO on Sunday. MIDI-OX (1024 Buffers, 1024 bytes, 90ms between buffers)

hope this helps someone.
ill try that tonight. thanks.

Back
Top Bottom