MFC preset doesn't match axe fx 2xl preset?

digbyomega

the number matches (276 on the MFC is 276 on the axe fx) but the preset name does NOT match. And when I switch around on the MFC, it's never consistently wrong (step on #2, it may say "Rush Hour", step on a few other numbers and "Rush Hour" may re-appear on #4)...

I have no idea what's going on here...any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

Thanks!

PerfMode is set to PRESET.

Also, I can't seem to get it out of REVEAL mode either. The bottom 5 switches only select Scenes. I've tried alternating in and out of REVEAL mode but nothing changes.

Yeah, it's so frustrating...

Here's what's happening:

Press Switch #1
[Axe Display: X001 59 Bassguy]
[MFC Display: X001 59 Bassguy]

Press Switch #2
[Axe Display: X002 65 Bassguy]
[MFC Display: X002 59 Bassguy]

Press Switch #3
[Axe Display: X003 Brownface]
[MFC Display: X003 65 Bassguy]

Go back to Switch #2
[Axe Display: X002 65 Bassguy]
[MFC Display: X002 Brownface]

There doesn't even seem to be an offsetting pattern, it just picks any previous preset randomly...

Fairly new to Fractal, I've owned the G-System, HD500, ADA MP1, and the Eleven and I will say the Fractal SMOKES them all by a long shot...as far as sound, anyway. But as far as intuitive interface and software, I'd have to say so far, it's so much more buggy, temperamental and difficult...I keep moving from one issue to another, can't wait til I can actually play!

What type of cable are you connecting with? Midi, ethercon, FASLink? Do you have the correct type selected?

If the patches always change correctly on the Axe Fx, it would seem the MFC is sending the correct midi and the Axe Fx is receiving it correctly. I am pretty certain that the name display is from the MFC receiving it from the Axe Fx... I'd suspect a bad cable. Maybe try a different one?

Also, do you have midi channel set correctly on both sides?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PerfMode is set to PRESET.

Also, I can't seem to get it out of REVEAL mode either. The bottom 5 switches only select Scenes. I've tried alternating in and out of REVEAL mode but nothing changes.

Do you have bank size set to 0? What about "first preset" setting?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kind of weird since its not consistent.
Why not just do a factory reset on the board.
Hold down switch #11 and power on the board and just follow the prompt to confirm you want to do a factory reset.
Of coarse you will have to redo your IA's, preset bank size and tell the MFC what port to use with the Axe Fx, stuff like that.

John

Back
Top Bottom