mfc-101 ordering

TimH

just wondering if the mfc-101 frequently goes out of stock as well? I planned on buying it and my axefx at the same time, hoping to save on shipping, but if it's going to be out of stock then I guess I'll just order it now while it's available.

Can anyone comment?

Nice cool name (I am also a Tim H.)..... but yes the odds of you getting both at the same time are pretty slim... I tried the same things with zero luck... Not really got to save shiiping though as it will come in 2 different boxes..... so get to ordering.... :)

Tim

me from Canada too eh you hoser...how...:) okay enough cliche'; What do you mean you can't select Canada? are you on Fractal's online store obviously, there is a button that says buy now and has the US/Can flag icons--did you press that? you first need to go via that page then to the yahoo order page. I've ordered my Ultra this way.

There was a post the other day that shipping to Canada has been temporarily halted. They are looking at a new shipping solution.

What!? seriously!? I hope they're not considering pony express. i just tried the online store...and went through to CART (didn't actually buy) but it worked fine for me...just did it 5 min ago...

Right after you hit the checkout button and try to enter your shipping info is where I can't say I'm from Canada so it gives me a zip code error...

Canadian customs is to blame. They loose orders and sometimes they get lost. They can be the worst to deal with. I recently sold an effects processor to someone in Toronto and it was stuck in customs for weeks. The seller had to contact customs and have them track it down. I am at the point were it's not worth the extra time selling to counties that have impossible customs policies, Italy is another country that is really hard to get the package out of customs and moving.

wow that's strange. I must have been very fortunate as when I ordered my Ultra less than 3 months ago, I had zero issues with customs. In fact, when I tracked the shipments, it was in customs and cleared in less than 24 hours! DaveP, don't give up on selling to us Canadians! unless of course this is your expereince every time...don't be sullied if it was just an isolated incident. I find it frustrating when I want to buy stuff off ebay and my American neighbors don't want to sell to us northern folk. I can't speak to typical transaction behaviors across borders as I don't do a lot of online ordering...but my experiences thus far have not been problematic.

I don't mind selling to Canada but it forces you to use a carrier that uses a broker and has tracking like UPS or FedEx. USPS is hit or miss on the tracking.

yeah tracking sux with USPS...but they are my preferred carrier. They don't change a "brokerage fee" (ie and excuse to make more money) and their rates are superior. The postal services can track if it gets lost...I don't need the hassle of checking nervously everyday where the package is.

In any case it's silly that Fractal has a Canadian option on the retail site but that I can't order. I might have to get it sent to a friend in the US first...

Was there an official announcement about this somewhere?

How disappointing - finally sell off a bunch of gear to come back to this baby, and can't.

Back
Top Bottom