MFC-101 Firmware 3.07 Released

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
All,

MFC-101 firmware 3.07 has been released through our web site.

3.07 adds support for the XL+ and "Rotary XY", plus includes a Scene LED bug fix.

NOTE: Because this version adds a new Axe-Fx IA Switch function, you'll need to re-assign pre-existing IA Switches.
Press EDIT, Press MIDI (#4), page right (#7) seven times, and use Parameter/Up/Down to check existing values before doing the upgrade or change them afterwards.
We recommend MFC-Edit for working with MFC-101 setups.

If you prefer to do a factory reset instead, hold footswitch #11 while powering the unit on. Be aware that the default Axe-Fx Model is now the "XL+"

Find the new version here:
http://www.fractalaudio.com/support.php

i've made an excerpt from a previous video that shows how to assign your IA switches.

--

i also just made a new video showing how to update MFC-101 firmware using some older footage, but i now show the recommended way using the Axe-Fx II USB Adaptor mode and Fractal-Bot.

all of this and more is in my article at my site: http://axefxtutorials.com/2015/03/firmware-3-07-for-mfc-101-released/

Last edited:
What is the Scene LED bug fix?

Any reason to upgrade, if we're not using an XL+ or Rotary X/Y?

All,

MFC-101 firmware 3.07 has been released through our web site.

3.07 adds support for the XL+ and "Rotary XY", plus includes a Scene LED bug fix.

NOTE: Because this version adds a new Axe-Fx IA Switch function, you'll need to re-assign pre-existing IA Switches.
Press EDIT, Press MIDI (#4), page right (#7) seven times, and use Parameter/Up/Down to check existing values before doing the upgrade or change them afterwards.
We recommend MFC-Edit for working with MFC-101 setups.

If you prefer to do a factory reset instead, hold footswitch #11 while powering the unit on. Be aware that the default Axe-Fx Model is now the "XL+"

Find the new version here:
Fractal Audio Systems - Support

Is there any way to show which Scene you're on in the MFC Display when you set presets with multiple Scenes? Not sure if this is possible or if it's been asked before.

It will light up the corresponding foot switch LED. the scene name displays momentarily in the display.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It will light up the corresponding foot switch LED. the scene name displays momentarily in the display.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's only good if you assign a Scene IA switch to the MFC. What if you're using an external switch without LED's? Was a thought that I think many could benefit from.

M@-man or forum members, I recently upgraded the AFX to 18.12 and the MFC to 3.08. If I perform a factory reset on the MFC-101 (Mark II), will that correct the IAs that are messed up?? Or do I still have to remap the functions in the MIDI menu??

Cheers

Chris you rule...your dedication and simple explanation on this black box and stuff is incredible..Thank you !

i've made an excerpt from a previous video that shows how to assign your IA switches.

--

i also just made a new video showing how to update MFC-101 firmware using some older footage, but i now show the recommended way using the Axe-Fx II USB Adaptor mode and Fractal-Bot.

all of this and more is in my article at my site: Firmware 3.07 for MFC-101 Released | AxeFxTutorials.com

Back
Top Bottom