Vendor MF10 G66 Edition - FRFR Active Speaker for digital modeler

Possible but... has it sense when you have stereo?
Honestly it makes no sense but more speakers are a lot of fun :cool:
No serious, I use both, it depends on the situation.
With the Axe Fx III a Wet/Dry/Wet System makes no sense at all. Back in the days with two or three amps yes but with the Axe it's so comfortable to have a FOH and Stage sound.

i still... cant believe when the time comes, i wont have lug my 4-12's... i know, i have to move to these FRFR... i've been using both FM3 & the rig...

saturday... rig went down... and the studio monitors i've been using... well, i guess u know... did not cut it... these sound amazing!!!

I owned and played a Friedman BE 100 Deluxe with a matching 4x12 cab before and I owned many many amps from custom builds to stock in the last years.
I‘m missing nothing and the whole band takes now profit from me using FRFR.
Of course if I had a warehouse and unlimited amount of money, I would buy every amp and cab I want. Not because I need them, just because I want them 😂
But honestly, everything is better now with using a FRFR and I got many compliments about my sound from audience etc.

Just give it a try 😉

@Marco Fanton

Would you say that the D powered G66 ones have any extra volume/clean headroom available compared to the original AB powered RS MF10?

Of course if you have 2 of either version/ stereo pair it will probably help increase perceived backline volume - but from a single cab is there any noticable difference between them? Not just volume but tone response too. Tighter bass on one, more sweet mids/highs?

Sorry - probably a hard one to answer as you're affiliated with both type of cabs, the manufacturer and both vendors, but I have gigs where I need to be quite loud on stage sometimes - and it's classic and 80's/90's rock stuff with live drums so the one with the most headroom available is probably better for me - just in case I need to go to face melt volume levels when the house PA is poopy!

Back
Top Bottom