Metallica Black Album tone with the TriAxis (USA Pre)

Sorenspete

Inspired
Hey guys, just wanted to talk about the Black Album guitar tones I've been making this evening. And there's a question I'll get to.

"The Unforgiven" is one of my favourite Metallica songs, and even though I sort of went off metal years ago, this afternoon I decided to dial in a Black Album tone and with my current rig it's fantastic:

421265314_10168587603190008_6846743178565500973_n.jpg

The mighty Fryette through the equally mighty Oversized Rectifier cabinet works insanely well for this kind of tone, so much so that I've been playing the riffs from "The Unforgiven" and "Enter Sandman" for the past 4 hours. I kinda feel like a dummy because at one stage in my life I knew that James had a TriAxis rig (I assume he used them until they switched to Fractals or at least until the TriAxis amp model was implemented). I've only had this cab for not even a week but I'm finally getting the vaguest idea of what it's capable. It's incredible. Any buyer's remorse I had just went out the window.

My question is: since my cab is stereo, should I make the most of the Fractal and run a second TriAxis amp block into the other cab input through the other channel of my Fryette? I've never done this and I feel like I'm missing out on the possibilities. I'm also thinking since James & Kirk used Marshall 1960's on Metallica (1991), I should pick one up and run the second amp block into it.

Yeah, why not? Just takes a second speaker cable and another patch cable between the Axe and the Fryette. Might try one of the Mesa Marks for the second amp block (or a Diezel or anything else). Gotta warn you, though, once you start adding stereo effects (chorus on Sandman intro, for instance, delays, reverbs, etc), it becomes addicting... :sunglasses: quickly... :sunglasses:

Back
Top Bottom