Metal song - mesa boogie

Yeah it needs a bit more oomph in there. Is there a bass guitar in that recording?

yes i have done that around 100hz, im getting a bass soon so ive been trying to leave that area sorta clear for some bass to see how that changes things first.

You can try recording a clean guitar take and then just pitch shifting it down an octave for the mean time, It's not the same as a real bass, but you can get passable results without too much hassle. Especially with the axe fx's power at your fingertips.

True I could do that, I have used the pitch shifter briefly but it seemed to not keep up on faster stuff, I'm sure I wasn't setting it up properly

Is that modern red channel? or what mesa? I can't have a good metal sound with any mesa. It's so much difficult than with any peavey or engl for me.

By the way, sounds good. Without bass but good!

Its the mesa red channel, with 2 cabinets. Ive just updated the song with alot more in it. Time to play the guiatr tracks alot tighter :)

You can always record the guitars totally unprocessed, drop the pitch with your DAW and then reamp them with your axe fx.

Back
Top Bottom