Wish Mesa Roadster 'Tweed' Mode

JoKeR III

Fractal Fanatic
While I'm completely happy with the Axe III, this is the one tone I've been chasing on and off that I can't seem to quite dial in with the current models. I'm all ears if someone has reproduced this tone and can point me in the right direction. Until then, I believe this would be a good addition to the models (as well as the Dr. Z Carmen Ghia - with a Celestion Blue, what an incredible amp!).

+1

The Roadster’s CH1 would be a great addition to the AxeFX.

All my clean tones were in Tweed mode, The best clean tone I’ve ever played, and just can’t seem to dial in on the AxeFX. Right now I’m using the JP2C Green for my cleans, it’s giving me that punchy and ‘bold’ clean, but it just doesn’t have the same mojo as Tweed mode in the Roadster.

I have a Roadster and kindof always interpreted the Tweed mode as a Fender clone. It's got the same clean, compressed, poppy attack that I enjoy out of those amps. If it's really that much different, I'd be happy to supply my amp to Cliff for modeling. It's a monster 2x12 combo though, so logistics of getting it to Fractal and back from WA are probably prohibitive.

Back
Top Bottom