Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy 1000+ LIVEGOLD TonePack - Partial Update (Bank 1 Marshalls) for Cygnus X3 firmware update now available

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
Is this a known issue? I tried to load the most recent FM9 Banks in Fractool. Bank 3 is missing. They are displaying as:
Bank 1 = Marshall Style amps
Bank 2 = Marshall Style amps
Bank 3 = Fender/Class-A/Boutique amps

The correct order should be:
Bank 2 = Fender/Class-A/Boutique amps
Bank 3 = Modern/Metal/FAS amps

Screenshot (108).png

First i have heard of it. It is possible in saving and renaming banks for FM9 that i made a mistake. Make sure you didn’t send a bank twice in error.

Am traveling for business away from my studio until Saturday so I can check then. Easy fix this weekend if Its on my end.

Anyone else finding the above to be the case?

Thanks for confirming Mott!

As a work around, until I fix the download this weekend, you can use the preset manager in the editor and import the missing bank presets for the FM9 from the Axe-FX III folder in the download zip file into the FM9 - that will work fine.

I will fix this Saturday afternoon in the zip file. Sorry about thatZ

I've been playing around firmware 3.00 public beta today. Mostly Marshalls.

I'm finding with my FRFRs loud (both a pair of Atomic NEO CLRs, and Mission 2x12 Gemini), I am really liking (used not to like this!) using the Amp block's speaker page SPEAKER COMPRESS, SPEAKER DRIVE, AND SPEAKER THUMP.

Those all default to ZERO in the current TonePacks. Set like that it makes the feel a little immediate and arguably stiffer. The new changes to firmware Cliff made negate the need to leave at zero ( I used to not like the old speaker compression).

I'm finding I like these settings with the Marshall style amps in LiveGold:

SPEAKER DRIVE = 2.0 (firmware will default to 2.0 for most new amp block)

SPEAKER COMPRESS = 2.0 (firmware will default to 1.0 or maybe more)

SPEAKER THUMP = The new default of 2.5 seems good, but if things are bassy, lower it.

The above settings add some compression - so the sound will be a little less loud than when all are set to zero, but you can notch up the amp block by just a slight extra +1 db (no more) if you need to.

The above settings on Speaker page smooths out the tone, it's less stiff feeling and a little less sharp sounding (in a good way).

I'll probably go with the above settings as new defaults in the next update, at least for the Marshalls. It may different for Class A or Fender or other amps, but for the Marshall styles it works great in my testing so far.

Cheers!

Is there a quick and easy way to apply the above speaker settings to multiple presets at once or do they have to be changed preset by preset?

Thanks!

Is this a known issue? I tried to load the most recent FM9 Banks in Fractool. Bank 3 is missing. They are displaying as:
Bank 2 = Marshall Style amps
Bank 3 = Fender/Class-A/Boutique amps

The correct order should be:
Bank 2 = Fender/Class-A/Boutique amps
Bank 3 = Modern/Metal/FAS amps

View attachment 105199

Hi everyone:

Sorry for delay, was traveling for work all week.

I have updated the full zip LiveGold file in your accounts to fix this issue. The download zip now says June-July2022. I did not touch the existing FM3 or Axe-Fx III banks in that, just the FM9 folder.

The FM9 folder was saved under firmware 3.0, and it should have the correct three banks (Metal/Modern in Bank 3 now).

I also added the new Diamond del Fuego amp model to the folder with individual new amp model presets, and I add the empty FM9 bank tool as well. (Also put the empty bank in for the III and FM3, somehow had left out). Did not update the release notes or anything.

Can someone -- @Prince ? -- check to make sure you can see the new download June-July, and that you now have access to Bank 3 of Live Gold correctly, and confirm?

Is there a quick and easy way to apply the above speaker settings to multiple presets at once or do they have to be changed preset by preset?

Thanks!
Yes -- there is a way to "batch set" most parameters on any block now, using the editor. It's very cool.

There is a thread on this somewhere on the forum - ( @yek may know where thread is and could share).

As always -- BACK UP your presets before trying this, so you can always revert back!!!

Let's say you want to change all Speaker Compress. settings in the LiveGold Bank 1 Marshall style amps from "0" (current value) to "2" (setting for Marshalls I like in the new firmware 3.0).

Go to preset, amp block, then speaker page/tab.

Go to Speaker Comp. knob, and enter in 2" for channel A value (the value you want all of the presets to be).

Then, on my MAC, I click the CMD+ SHFT together, then right click on Speaker Compress knob. On Windows that may be different keys. (CTRL+Shift?)

This little option now pops up in editor, you should see this:
"Set in Multiple Presets"

Screen Shot 2022-07-23 at 8.34.23 AM.png

Now, select the "Set in Multiple Presets" that popped up, then choose from options shown the last one -- "Set in All Channels".

Your bank/preset list will now open up in editor, wanting to know what presets to want this change to apply to, in all ABCD amp channels.

Click the RANGE of preset you want to apply this change to. It could be the whole bank of Marshalls for examples.

(I would not advise you yet to do this across every LiveGold preset, because some Bank 2 or 3 may sound better with a different setting than "2" - I haven't auditioned the speaker page settings except in the Marshalls Banks so far. Cleans may or may not sound as good for example with the default settings).

Last - click SAVE and then let your unit now work to save the new "2" value in all amp channels in the preset group you selected. Don't touch the editor or physical unit while that is going on! Walk away for a minute.

Check your work to see that it was done properly after it finishes!

Caveat: save other edits first, before using the Batch Setter. Because the Batch Setter only saves the current parameter value and dismisses other edits which haven't been saved yet.
Thanks for that important point brother!

Reactions: yek
Yes -- there is a way to "batch set" most parameters on any block now, using the editor. It's very cool.

There is a thread on this somewhere on the forum - ( @yek may know where thread is and could share).

As always -- BACK UP your presets before trying this, so you can always revert back!!!

Let's say you want to change all Speaker Compress. settings in the LiveGold Bank 1 Marshall style amps from "0" (current value) to "2" (setting for Marshalls I like in the new firmware 3.0).

Go to preset, amp block, then speaker page/tab.

Go to Speaker Comp. knob, and enter in 2" for channel A value (the value you want all of the presets to be).

Then, on my MAC, I click the CMD+ SHFT together, then right click on Speaker Compress knob. On Windows that may be different keys. (CTRL+Shift?)

This little option now pops up in editor, you should see this:
"Set in Multiple Presets"

View attachment 105390

Now, select the "Set in Multiple Presets" that popped up, then choose from options shown the last one -- "Set in All Channels".

Your bank/preset list will now open up in editor, wanting to know what presets to want this change to apply to, in all ABCD amp channels.

Click the RANGE of preset you want to apply this change to. It could be the whole bank of Marshalls for examples.

(I would not advise you yet to do this across every LiveGold preset, because some Bank 2 or 3 may sound better with a different setting than "2" - I haven't auditioned the speaker page settings except in the Marshalls Banks so far. Cleans may or may not sound as good for example with the default settings).

Last - click SAVE and then let your unit now work to save the new "2" value in all amp channels in the preset group you selected. Don't touch the editor or physical unit while that is going on! Walk away for a minute.

Check your work to see that it was done properly after it finishes!

Thank you so much AustinBuddy for the detailed Batch Setter instructions and for the updates to LiveGold!

And thanks yek for the additional tip!

Last edited:
Pretty good news so far guys in testing today...

In 20.03 for the Axe-FX III (and I'm sure coming for the FM9 sometime soon), on the new SIC curve stuff, using the SETUP > GLOBAL > UPDATE PRE-200.02 PRESET SPKR IMP UPON LOAD = YES, so far doing that has not really changed the sound/things for most of the amps where I did choose a different curve - the amp block still uses the same (but not default) curve I selected, as originally saved in the amp block.

That's great news since those amps don't need to be updated really for 20.03 now.

There are maybe roughly 60 LiveGold presets/amps (times 4 scenes each) I have to check by hand where I originally messed with LF Res or HF res or Qs to get the sound I wanted -- I'll have to look at each to see what happened there. Going to list below so you know, in case some of these in 20.03 don't sound exactly the same to you - now you know why.

For example, on the Brite1 Plexi 50W, I use the default curve, BUT raise the LF Res to 7.09 from the default 5.83. The above in 20.03 will force the 5.83 back as that curve's original value. So I'd have to go back and change that to 7.09 manually - unless I liked the sound under the new one at 5.83.

Just to give you an idea, these are the amps where I fooled with specific speaker curve impedance values (Lo res, Qs, Hi res, Qs) in the firmwares before firmware 20 version. 80% of the time I'm just trying to get the bottom end to better match the IR I'm using and it's a LF Res adjustment, but a few times I am raising the HF Slope.

Bank 1 (Marshall types)

Plexi 50W Brite1
Comet 60

Bank 2 (Class A, Fenders, Boutiques)

548 Hi Power Tweed
6G4 Brown Super
BF Super Reverb (both types)
Deluxe Verb
Double Verb
VibroKing (both)

Vox Hot
HiPower Brilliant and Jumped
SVT for Guitar
Ruby Rocket
Tiny Terror
Citrus AC 30 (both)
Rocket Trainwreck
Suhr Badger

Tucana Lead
ODS100 clean
RFord Dumbles - all 3
Bludo -all 3

Bank 3 (Metal/Modern amps)

EVH Rig, Blue, Green red
Clean 5150 (Shiva actually - Holcomb preset)
Mark II 1x12 Combo (both)
Texas LoneStar
FAS Skull Crusher
Class-A FAS
XTC Rig

I'll be working on this in second half of August, should be ready before Labor Day or before, assuming another firmware doesn't come along that changes things up again.

Last edited:
Confirmed: FM9 Banks 1, 2, & 3 now load in the correct order with the correct presets. Thank you sir!
Thank YOU Prince for catching this mistake I made - you and all the Forum members rock. As 1-person shop, I appreciate all the feedback to get stuff right or fixed ASAP!

Pretty good news so far guys in testing today on a III...these changes are coming to the FM( at some point I'm sure...posted this in III LiveGold thread, but sharing here too.

In 20.03 for the Axe-FX III (and I'm sure coming for the FM9 sometime soon), on the new SIC curve stuff, using the SETUP > GLOBAL > UPDATE PRE-200.02 PRESET SPKR IMP UPON LOAD = YES, so far doing that has not really changed the sound/things for most of the amps where I did choose a different curve - the amp block still uses the same (but not default) curve I selected, as originally saved in the amp block.

That's great news since those amps don't need to be updated really for 20.03 now.

There are maybe roughly 60 LiveGold presets/amps (times 4 scenes each) I have to check by hand where I originally messed with LF Res or HF res or Qs to get the sound I wanted -- I'll have to look at each to see what happened there. Going to list below so you know, in case some of these in 20.03 don't sound exactly the same to you - now you know why.

For example, on the Brite1 Plexi 50W, I use the default curve, BUT raise the LF Res to 7.09 from the default 5.83. The above in 20.03 will force the 5.83 back as that curve's original value. So I'd have to go back and change that to 7.09 manually - unless I liked the sound under the new one at 5.83.

Just to give you an idea, these are the amps where I fooled with specific speaker curve impedance values (Lo res, Qs, Hi res, Qs) in the firmwares before firmware 20 version. 80% of the time I'm just trying to get the bottom end to better match the IR I'm using and it's a LF Res adjustment, but a few times I am raising the HF Slope.

Bank 1 (Marshall types)

Plexi 50W Brite1
Bogfish Strato
Comet 60

548 Hi Power Tweed
6G4 Brown Super
Deluxe Verb
Double Verb
VibroKing (both)

Vox Hot
SVT for Guitar
Ruby Rocket
Tiny Terror
Citrus AC 30 (both)
Rocket Trainwreck
Suhr Badger

Tucana Lead
ODS100 clean
RFord Dumbles - all 3
Bludo -all 3

EVH Rig, Blue, Green red
Texas LoneStar
FAS Skull Crusher
Class-A FAS
XTC Rig

I'll be working on this in second half of August, should be ready before Labor Day or before, assuming another firmware doesn't come along that changes things up again.

Pretty good news so far guys in testing today...

Bank 1 (Marshall types)

Plexi 50W Brite1
Bogfish Strato
Comet 60

548 Hi Power Tweed
6G4 Brown Super
Deluxe Verb
Double Verb
VibroKing (both)

Vox Hot
SVT for Guitar
Ruby Rocket
Tiny Terror
Citrus AC 30 (both)
Rocket Trainwreck
Suhr Badger

Tucana Lead
ODS100 clean
RFord Dumbles - all 3
Bludo -all 3

EVH Rig, Blue, Green red
Texas LoneStar
FAS Skull Crusher
Class-A FAS
XTC Rig

Will you be adding speaker drive/compression too as well? Is there a way to mass update them?

Will you be adding speaker drive/compression too as well? Is there a way to mass update them?
Yes there is a way to update a parameter across multiple channels and presets @GuitarGuy316 - See this post, tells you about the batch utility built into the editors that lets you do it:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...-public-beta-now-released.176140/post-2290633
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...-public-beta-now-released.176140/post-2290633

Next time I do an update to TonePacks I'll do this. I don't want to just do them for all three banks the same universally, it may turn out that Cleans or Modern amps need different settings. Also, I want the FM3 and FM9 to catch up with all the features in 20.03 first before I put out any updates.

All these presets sound amazing on my Les Paul without any modifications whatsoever. However, if I use one of my MusicMan Luke 3's the gain is higher (active Dimarzio Transitions) and its super spikey. The MusicMan is really trebly - I have 4 of them and they are all the same.

To adjust them for the MusicMan Luke (which is my main gigging guitar) I found adding 2dB of gain to the bass and subtracting 3dB of Mid and Treble gets them sounding right. also taking 0.5dB of gain helps.

@austinbuddy have you tested these with active pickups at all and if so, did you find the same results as me or is it just the MusicMan Luke 3 pickups being super spikey ? It's no problem, I was just wondering thats all or if anyone else using active pickups has the same experience ?

Thanks

Hey everyone,

I'm posting here based on @austinbuddy advice. I'll cross post in the FC-6 /12 Forum as well

I have a AXE FX III and FC-6 combo which apparently is an uncommon combo. I love the OMG series layouts, and I use Austin's version for AMP control on my FM9, but I was unable to find a layout that worked with the FC-6 only.

So, here is my version of a OMG-6.

It has 8 layouts:

Presets
Scenes 1-4
Scenes 5-8
EFX 1
EFX 2
AMP Control
Looper
Per Preset

Home - is the Master Layout

It's laid out with navigation between layouts on the right top and bottom buttons on the FC-6, and every function is within two pushes anywhere on any layout.

Any advice or comments are welcome.

Thanks

Attachments

• AXE FX - FC-6 ONLY all-layouts_20220809_063712.fclayout
    93.6 KB · Views: 2
Back
Top Bottom