Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy 1000+ LIVEGOLD TonePack - Partial Update (Bank 1 Marshalls) for Cygnus X3 firmware update now available

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
Cygnus TonePack Update:

On the Cygnus firmware update front, from his public posts we can see Cliff is getting close to having all the Marshall-style amps (that happen to make up Bank A in LiveGold) input and verified.

I'm not sure about Silver Jubilee, the Satriani JVM410 amp (maybe it was included in the JVM entry?), and the Fryette Deliverance amp, but he has done the others in Bank A of Live Gold, so I'm going to start working on Bank A updates next week or two, and report back here.

Once I get Live Gold's Marshall-style presets in Bank A updated to Cygnus firmware (before starting on Bank B and C), I'll do a pre-release and put that updated Cygnus Bank A in downloads area named as a "partial update - Bank A Cygnus only" for you guys to enjoy while I work on Bank B and C...

I still can't complete this for a few weeks but I'm confident the Bank A "Partial update" to Cygnus will be done and available sometime in April, probably early April. Rest assured I'm starting to work on it.

Probably have the other Banks B and C done before June, if things keep moving fast with Cliff, and we get to a public Cygnus firmware release in next few weeks. Fingers crossed!

Thanks you guys for your patience until I get this done right, not fast - ya'll are truly GREAT!

Last edited:
Cygnus TonePack Update:

On the Cygnus firmware update front, from his public posts we can see Cliff is getting close to having all the Marshall-style amps (that happen to make up Bank A in LiveGold) input and verified.

I'm not sure about Silver Jubilee, the Satriani JVM410 amp (maybe it was included in the JVM entry?), and the Fryette Deliverance amp, but he has done the others in Bank A of Live Gold, so I'm going to start working on Bank A updates next week or two, and report back here.

Once I get Live Gold's Marshall-style presets in Bank A updated to Cygnus firmware (before starting on Bank B and C), I'll do a pre-relase and put that updated Cygnus Bank A in downloads area named as a "partial update - Bank A Cygnus only" for you guys to enjoy while I work on Bank B and C...

I still can't complete this for a few weeks but I'm confident the Bank A "Partial update" to Cygnus will be done and available sometime in April, probably early April. Rest assured I'm starting to work on it.

Probably have the other Banks B and C done before June, if things keep moving fast with Cliff, and we get to a public Cygnus firmware release in next few weeks. Fingers crossed!

Thanks you guys for your patience until I get this done right, not fast - ya'll are truly GREAT!
Amazing stuff, thanks for your hard work! I’ve given in and have installed the beta - if nothing else, it helps me learn the system as I have to adjust things to level the patches in your pack etc.

And the above is great news for me, as I only use the Marshalls 😉

Last edited:
just bought your live gold set, was trying to hold off for cygnus but i couldn't wait! so far so good :)

Cool. I've halted any Cygnus-updated work for moment, as I read something somewhere recently about a new Cliff epiphany doing something with speaker compression I want to hear, and so I don't want re-do everything already updated yet a second time in Cygnus.

I usually leave speaker compression totally off, but the new change may be worth a look to incorporate. Once that version gets out and we get public release (not beta), I am pretty sure I can get the Bank A Marshalls done and available within a few weeks of that/quickly.

I've also had some time demands of an Aerosmith cover band I'm putting together. Been so much fun playing stuff from Rocks and Toys in the Attic using the Axe-III and Mission Gemini II studio version, really sounds killer. Made a pretty great/spot-on "Walk This Way" tone (use a Start bridge pickup) preset that I'll probably put-on Axe-Change in next week so that I really love generally/useful tone...back to work now! :cool:

Cygnus TonePack Update:

Once I get Live Gold's Marshall-style presets in Bank A updated to Cygnus firmware (before starting on Bank B and C), I'll do a pre-release and put that updated Cygnus Bank A in downloads area named as a "partial update - Bank A Cygnus only" for you guys to enjoy while I work on Bank B and C...

Buddy, thanks for your tireless efforts to keep your products up-to-date. It's no small task, I'm sure, given Cliff's furious pace regarding updates. Could you give us any insight into what will happen with the Naked Amps packs. I know you said you were going to concentrate on the Live Gold stuff first, but how long afterwards do you anticipate having an update available for Naked Amps? Thanks!

Buddy, thanks for your tireless efforts to keep your products up-to-date. It's no small task, I'm sure, given Cliff's furious pace regarding updates. Could you give us any insight into what will happen with the Naked Amps packs. I know you said you were going to concentrate on the Live Gold stuff first, but how long afterwards do you anticipate having an update available for Naked Amps? Thanks!
I just can’t say yet - I can only eat an elephant one bite at a time. 😅

Hello @austinbuddy i read in this forum that you are working in a dreamrigs version for the FM3, do you have an ETA for this project? i just bought the Live Gold, but i'm really looking forward to that.

Are you going to update these with Cygnus when it comes out and would that be a free update? Or would that be a whole new preset pack?

Hello @austinbuddy i read in this forum that you are working in a dreamrigs version for the FM3, do you have an ETA for this project? i just bought the Live Gold, but i'm really looking forward to that.
No. Dream Rigs was for older AxeII and FM3. Live Gold in FM3 does what Dream Rigs did on older Fractal models, but better design. I do want to work on an effects block pack but Cygnus firmware coming has blocked that work for now since I need to do updates once public final is released.

Are you going to update these with Cygnus when it comes out and would that be a free update? Or would that be a whole new preset pack?
It will be a free update, but it will take some time. I probably will release a Bank A partial update early, then the rest together. But let’s not get ahead of ourselves, there is no Cygnus yet for FM3, just Axe-Fx III.

It will be a free update, but it will take some time. I probably will release a Bank A partial update early, then the rest together. But let’s not get ahead of ourselves, there is no Cygnus yet for FM3, just Axe-Fx III.
Any chance you offer any preset demos or samples? If there's something on the Preset Exchange, will it be made to the same level of the preset packs? Want to see if my ears/brain mesh well. Coming from Kemper side, often you buy a profile pack and it can sound nothing like the demo videos lmao

Any chance you offer any preset demos or samples? If there's something on the Preset Exchange, will it be made to the same level of the preset packs? Want to see if my ears/brain mesh well. Coming from Kemper side, often you buy a profile pack and it can sound nothing like the demo videos lmao
@Jipps0525
There are a few presets from LiveGold on Axe-Change - firmware 1.x but will work fine on firmware 3.x. Just search for my name there and they will come up. If I recall right, there is a Strat Vibroverb 1x15 (SRV), an Engl, and Atomica Brown all from LiveGold.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom