Making Tremolo start in time with Music

Morbid

Inspired
Hey Gang. In my local cover band, there are several songs that we play to a click that require a Tremolo effect on the guitar, most notably being "Nice Shot" by Filter.

Thing is, when playing that song live, if I'm not lucky enough to have the effect starting with the music, it completely throws things off. What would be the best/easiest way for me to make the tremolo start in time with what we're playing, without having to involve midi?

I did a search and couldn't really find what I was after. The closest thing involved the LFO setting in the hope that the filter would start with the pick attack, but it seems the person never got it ironed out.

Thanks, as always, for any help you guys can provide!

The Tremolo has a Trigger Threshold parameter and a Start Phase parameter, so you could probably use those.

Or look at assigning the LFO to the Volume block. It has a Run parameter to which you could assign an ADSR or Envelope Follower to trigger it. Or assign a switch to the Run control and kick it on when you need it.

You could also probably attach the Sequencer to the Volume. It also has a Run control.

Probably @Bakerman or @simeon will give you a good solution...

The start phase parameter. You'll need different settings depending on the waveform and tempo subdivision setting but Triangle 1/16 with 0 or 360 start phase works well for me for a percussive "in time" tremolo. With 0 or 360 the LFO starts at the bottom of the waveform when I bypass the block so as long as I press the switch in time it works well. You'll also need to set the preset bpm to the bpm of the click. The good part about this approach is if you mess up the timing you can quickly turn it off and try again.

Screenshot 2024-08-20 190108.png

Back
Top Bottom