Making A Distorted Reverb

I am trying to make a distorted reverb sound in parallel but I am coming up with a weird issue.

When the PlexDelay and Drive are both on, there is a rather long delay effect (around 500ms) I am using the Plex Verb algorithm. Whereas when either the Plex or Drive block are on separately, there is no delay. Can someone help me dial in a distorted reverb sound in parallel?
Screenshot 2024-09-12 at 11.41.20 AM.png

When the PlexDelay and Drive are both on, there is a rather long delay effect (around 500ms) I am using the Plex Verb algorithm.
It's the Reverb Size parameter that's causing the delay. This parameter adjusts the size of the virtual room used to make the reverb. The bigger the size, the longer it takes for the sound to bounce around the room.

From the Blocks Guide:

Reverb Size – This controls the length of time it takes for an echo to bounce between virtual surfaces.

Set the Reverb Size to 15-20% and Diffusion to 50% should greatly reduce the delay. To control the level of the Plex Reverb, set the Mix to 100% and use the Input Gain and Level parameters to get the amount you want.

It's the Reverb Size parameter that's causing the delay. This parameter adjusts the size of the virtual room used to make the reverb. The bigger the size, the longer it takes for the sound to bounce around the room.

From the Blocks Guide:

Reverb Size – This controls the length of time it takes for an echo to bounce between virtual surfaces.

Set the Reverb Size to 15-20% and Diffusion to 50% should greatly reduce the delay. To control the level of the Plex Reverb, set the Mix to 100% and use the Input Gain and Level parameters to get the amount you want.
Thanks, I have no idea why I didn't consider the size adding a sort of pre delay. That was exactly it.

Back
Top Bottom