Magnets in the front of the fx3

Bertotti

Inspired
I have some plexi and magnets I was going to put a co er of plexi o er the display on the axe. Is there anything behind that would be damaged by the magnets? If there is I can move on to plant B. I have not opened the axe up to look. It is still under warranty. After that I wouldn’t hesitate to open it up to investigate. I repair industrial controls computer equipment for a living and used to work as a biomed so electronics isn’t beyond my skill set. I just don’t want to unintentionally damage anything.

I believe those aftermarket shields that are quite popular are held on with small magnets. Haven't heard of any issues.
I think those extend out from the display much farther. What I had in mind would be just outside and although this isn’t like a crt where you can see distortion from magnetic fields the electronics behind can be sensitive. I always wonder how iPads get away with those mag covers. Some of my industrial electronics is so sensitive just changing a board requires me being ground to the same potential as the board. I still find that nuts and consider it a design flaw in a very dirt industrial environment. I mean dirt dust and crud getting in these boards yet me touching one can shorten it’s life by years how odd. That said the newer equipment isn’t nearly as bad as the older stuff.

Back
Top Bottom