Wish Magnatone SL100 model?

smj

Inspired
Probably redundant, but I just heard Slash in concert and those amps sounded great… so why not???

“A quartet of EL34’s and 12AX7’s deliver two gain modes – LO is voiced like a vintage SL amp from the 60’s-70’s that is quite satisfying in depth, sensitivity and tonal quality. HI gain mode is designed with a cascaded preamp that has been finely tuned to optimize the sound for Slash’s guitars.

I’ve never played a real SL and may never get to try this. I’d be curious what Cliff & Fractal think… enough of a difference to warrant adding it to the collection?

Sean Meredith-Jones
www.seanmeredithjones.com

I could be wrong, but from what I've heard online (with my ears), it's mainly the clean channel (low gain mode) that's different. I'm sure those tones could be pulled from the Brit Silver or 800 #34.

Although I'm a Slash fanboy, I haven't read into it much to understand why he even switched to Magnatone. I mean, he's had the same iconic tone for 45 years, why change up now?

Anyway,

I wouldn't be mad if both channels were modeled though! Someone's gonna have to send Cliff a $4000 amp though..... yikes!

Back
Top Bottom