M222 talk box -> Axefxlll

boardwlk17

Power User
Has anyone ran the microphone for the talk box back into the AxeFX 3?
In block 3 from in of talkbox, Mic to out block 3 through the fx to OUT, will this work?
do you need anything plugged into the output of the talk box?
Thanks

Maybe a stupid question - but why are you needing the mic signal to come back into the AFX?

I just use OUT3 L to go into my talkbox, and set it to copy input 1.

I tried this before but gave up fairly quickly because I didn’t have a need for it. I wasn’t getting the mic volume loud enough into the Fractal, so it’d need to be boosted with a pre-amp (maybe the tube pre would work?). It’s definitely possible, but will take some finagling to get it done.

Maybe a stupid question - but why are you needing the mic signal to come back into the AFX?

I just use OUT3 L to go into my talkbox, and set it to copy input 1.

Just another level of being self-contained and you have the option of adding whatever effects post-talk box this way, instead of having all the effects coming out the tube. I was recording a song going entirely direct, it would have just saved me the step of using a different interface to get the talk box audio into Logic.

Has anyone ran the microphone for the talk box back into the AxeFX 3?
In block 3 from in of talkbox, Mic to out block 3 through the fx to OUT, will this work?
do you need anything plugged into the output of the talk box?
Thanks
I’m interested in doing this but I’m confused by your description. Wouldn’t it be Axe Output 3 to input of the talk box, then the mic back to Axe Input 3? Sorry if I’m muddling up the conversation.

Back
Top Bottom