M-vave chocolate midi cable advice

fenderguy

Hi I’m currently using a chocolate midi controller with the m-vave widi dongle and while it’s been rock solid so far, sometimes I leave the dongle behind when packing up so i wanna get a cable as well (either one can be the backup I’ll see how it goes). Has anyone successfully used a cable? If so what would I need to get? USB c to midi? Or trs to midi? Also would I need two midi ends or just one? Thanks and appreciate any help!

not sure if that thing can get straight MIDI controls from a Midi to USB cable. does the instruction manual say anything about the USB-C data port?

That’s what I figured but hoping for a successful report from someone before I order a cable. It’s pretty hard to find a right angle midi to trs cable here and the only one without modifying or getting adaptors is from strymon and costs a bomb.

Haha but that’s a 3.5mm trs plug where the m babe needs 1/4”. Dont wanna have to go thru adaptors. I’ll call the local cable shop to see if they could spring one up for me. I think the worse case would be having to reverse the connections in case type B is required instead. Thanks for all the replies guys!

In My experience, this m vave chocolate doest work with midi-trs cable, Even midi-usb not to work with the fm3, in the case of this midi controller (in fact, the fm3, because i usted with headrush mx5 previously and it works) the only functional conection is the device bluetooth of m vave (conection with midi) i not finded other way to use the fm3 with the chocolate

Back
Top Bottom