Loss of fidelity after about 20 seconds.

ShadowK

Noticed the sound get's weak after about 20 seconds, I reset the axe or change patches and it returns to normal for twenty seconds.

Also had experiences of it crashing every now and again. (Changed guitar, changed leads, swapped out monitors just in case.)

Mine came with 8.01A, anyone got 7 firmware so I can try downgrading?

Any external things (midi controller, Axe-Edit (!!)) involved?

Contacting support is a good idea, but you could supply an audio recording for further diagnosis.
This "20 sec" thing is strange; the A-Fx basically is a computer and they either work (or sound defective all the time) or they don't.

Any external things (midi controller, Axe-Edit (!!)) involved?

Contacting support is a good idea, but you could supply an audio recording for further diagnosis.
This "20 sec" thing is strange; the A-Fx basically is a computer and they either work (or sound defective all the time) or they don't.

No external things like midi controller, I have plugged into the USB into PC that's it. If I can get 7.0 I'll try it, also looking for any environmental issues like grounding etc. before I contact support.

The firmware version has nothing to do with that - something is causing it. Either a rogue controller or some physical issue.

I'd let support troubleshoot it.

The firmware version has nothing to do with that - something is causing it. Either a rogue controller or some physical issue.

I'd let support troubleshoot it.

Yeah I'm thinking it's something environmental, which fractal support can't do much about.. I just bought a load of new gear and it was fine for the first couple of weeks.. So I just want to make sure it's 100% not me.

Yeah I'm thinking it's something environmental, which fractal support can't do much about.. I just bought a load of new gear and it was fine for the first couple of weeks.. So I just want to make sure it's 100% not me.

Contacted Fractal support, also downgraded to 7.. Seems back to itself for now, I'll monitor over the weekend.

Back
Top Bottom