Looper Placement

Jerry K.

Experienced
I am experimenting with different ways to run my effects and am really liking how this layout sounds. How would you place a looper into the path? I tried combining path one and two at the very end and it does slightly change the sound. Any thoughts?

Thanks!Clean Patch.JPG

If you want to combine the chain at the end, you will probably need to adjust the Reverb mix and/or Input Gain because right now you are passing a signal with Reverb and one without Reverb.

What do your Reverb block settings look like?

Or you could shift the last 3 blocks over to the left and then put the Looper on the 3rd row and send both chains to it's input. I always put the Looper in parallel at the end of my signal chain.

So I tried your suggestion and it works great. What exactly do you mean putting the looper in parallel at the end of the chain (is this it)?

Clean Patch 2.JPG

So I tried your suggestion and it works great. What exactly do you mean putting the looper in parallel at the end of the chain (is this it)?

View attachment 34169
If you take the rest of the 2nd row and insert shunts all the way to the end, then the Looper will be parallel.

Currently, the Delay and Reverb in your preset are parallel. That is when you send the signal to an effect but also have the signal unaffected continuing through the chain.

Here is a simple version of a a signal chain with Delay and Reverb in parallel to the main signal:

>------\---------------------------/------->
--------\---- DEL ---- REV -------/

Note that the Delay and Reverb are serial in respect to each other.

This example gives a very good illustration of why it is called parallel.

Having the Looper in parallel allows for it to be turned on and off without affecting the main tone.

EDIT: ignore the white part of the 2nd row if you see it. I couldn't get things to align after saving, so I had to put some filler in there.

Last edited:
I've never really heard the looper, if it is in series, affect the main tone. I've heard it with other hardware loopers, but not within the AX8.

Is there a way to change up the order of footswitches with in the looper such as the rec, ply, und, half, lpr parts ?

Back
Top Bottom