Looking for cakewalk peeps...

DaveO

Fractal Fanatic
Dear Forum members, looking for cakewalk peeps...
I have a number of midi projects in Cakewalk Sonar X1 on a windows 10p pc,
They were imported/converted via midi from a Roland MC500 (files are intact in X1)
I'm unable to get the files to play, and CW crashes when attempting to play the file,
regardless of setting inputs and outputs for each track/channel

anyone in the forum that has similar experiences and or guidance appreciated.

Thank you,

I don't have experience with the particular problem you are having, but I have used Cakewalk almost since it came out. I am on the Beta team for the new Cakewalk Sonar as well. Maybe sign up for the Beta and see if that helps? If not you can try as suggested above and download the free Cakewalk by Bandlab and see if that works. Hope that helps.

I don't have experience with the particular problem you are having, but I have used Cakewalk almost since it came out. I am on the Beta team for the new Cakewalk Sonar as well. Maybe sign up for the Beta and see if that helps? If not you can try as suggested above and download the free Cakewalk by Bandlab and see if that works. Hope that helps.
Thanks for your response, I too have used the the app for many, many years, though primarily for audio capture and my midi knowledge is pretty limited in the app, thanks for the tip, I'll look into being a beta tester as it sounds like fun.

OK what a difference the day makes, found it, turns out it was midi sync, not sure why the whole application would freeze up and not even be able to go back to preferences but whatever....
1722716632305.png

Just Curious DaveO, why aren't you using the free CWbyBL? So much better than the others. I also have been with CW since the early 90's. I still have Sonar Plat installed on win10x64 but only use CWBL.
l also have all my copies of all the Sonars and CWPA9.

Just Curious DaveO, why aren't you using the free CWbyBL? So much better than the others. I also have been with CW since the early 90's. I still have Sonar Plat installed on win10x64 but only use CWBL.
l also have all my copies of all the Sonars and CWPA9.
That's a good question, I guess the version I have is the last paid version before BL acquired them and they stopped developing it, and in the back of my mind I was always worried if I installed some other version I might develop problems or have backwards compatibility issues with my older projects. Like you I've been using since the 90's when I think it was Sonar v2 or v3 I got a free with my sound blaster card and immediately went and purchased it then kept upgrading through the years. Also I have some older vst's that was worried they may not work too, but I'd love to know what better features and or effects are in the free version your referencing, maybe I should take a second look.

That's a good question, I guess the version I have is the last paid version before BL acquired them and they stopped developing it, and in the back of my mind I was always worried if I installed some other version I might develop problems or have backwards compatibility issues with my older projects. Like you I've been using since the 90's when I think it was Sonar v2 or v3 I got a free with my sound blaster card and immediately went and purchased it then kept upgrading through the years. Also I have some older vst's that was worried they may not work too, but I'd love to know what better features and or effects are in the free version your referencing, maybe I should take a second look.
I understand- I have always kept or re-installed Sonar Platinum whenever I built a new Daw.

Plenty of new features, not a whole lot of effects. That also is one of the reasons I always have Sonar Platinum installed. TBH, I use 99% 3rd party plugs now. As an example though, I still use Sonitus EQ, it's light and pretty transparent.

Plenty of new features, not a whole lot of effects. That also is one of the reasons I always have Sonar Platinum installed. TBH, I use 99% 3rd party plugs now. As an example though, I still use Sonitus EQ, it's light and pretty transparent.
you know, I spent a ton of money on a iMac some years back, and a apple laptop too, paid $200 for Logic Pro, not a bad app actually, but then spent weeks exporting and importing my Cakewalk projects into LP and was never that happy w/it, after the hardware reached its recycle age, i did not shed a tear when I chucked it in the recycle center ewaste dumpster... ha ha, running my CW X1 on a Dell Precision workstation on w/10 and for the most part I'm very happy with it...
Cheers,

Hi Dave,

If you're still having problems, send me one of the bothersome files and I'll see if I can open it.

Thanks
Pauly

Dear Forum members, looking for cakewalk peeps...
I have a number of midi projects in Cakewalk Sonar X1 on a windows 10p pc,
They were imported/converted via midi from a Roland MC500 (files are intact in X1)
I'm unable to get the files to play, and CW crashes when attempting to play the file,
regardless of setting inputs and outputs for each track/channel

anyone in the forum that has similar experiences and or guidance appreciated.

Thank you,

Hi Dave,

If you're still having problems, send me one of the bothersome files and I'll see if I can open it.

Thanks
Pauly
Thanks so much @pauly its peeps like you and others in the fas community that make this the best music forum!
Cheers
DaveO

Back
Top Bottom