Long time Strat player buying a PRS-Help?

Stratman68

Axe-Master
Title says it all. I am looking a few - buying one of course.
The Maple top 408- and the Maple top P22. Also the Custom 22. I like the idea of the adjustable stop tail piece on the P22. I like the pickup scheme of the 408.

I have played all the neck variations, but that was on the Se's. But the scale on these is 10" radius, so that I like-Strats are 9.5

No one kind of music in mind-just regular old Rock, Blues, some jazzy rock, even country-Lots of rhythm & Blues also.

anyone familiar with either of these?

Thanks folks

Not the 408 or P but I tried a few custom 22s and 24s in the last month and didn't like any of them. The pickups didn't suit me at all, they seemed lifeless. The guitars were all well built and solid. Necks were a bit big around but I don't mind different sized necks so much. I ended up getting a DGT, which I love. Very wide range of usable tones. To my ear the DGT fits right in with all those styles you mention. You should try one out.

All the different models I played were consistent quality and feel, not the variations between individual guitars you get with some brands. Can't go wrong with a PRS.

From what I've heard, if you pick up a DGT there's every chance you won't put it back down again!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Can't go wrong with a PRS, I haven't played on the P22 or 408 but I have owned a custom 22 and moded the stop tail with the adjustable one. Great playing guitar rock solid tuning and intonation. Wide thin neck carve dragon II in the neck and HFS in the bridge with 5 way rotary selector switch which I didn't care for.

Back
Top Bottom