Long Delay Pads Cutting Out

Hi everyone, apologies in advance for the wall of text!

I've been an axe fx user for over a year now and I absolutely love it. I have been using my axe fx to create long ambient pad sounds which last for a whole song, which has worked really well live. I do this by creating a separate signal path to my main sound and putting a few long delays on there, and then I switch between the main sound and pad sound by having a volume block in front of each signal path, which are both controlled by one expression pedal but inversely to each other, so when one volume is at the maximum the other is at the minimum and vice versa. Usually I would strum a chord at the start of the song and the rock the volume pedal back to play on my main sound, and then use scenes to change the main sound for various section whilst leaving the pad sound playing unaffected.

I have had my axe fx in the studio for a while where I have updated the firmware, and now that I have got it back in my live rig I have found that when I switch between scenes using my midi controller (Voodoo Lab Ground Control) the pad sound will stop playing. This is happening on all my presets that I do this with, even old presets, however, if I switch between scenes using the quick control knobs on the axe the pad sounds keep going. I can only assume that this is something to do with a firmware update as I have not changed anything in my presets. I have also found that if I turn on spillover the pad sounds will carry over between scenes when switching with my midi controller, but with a very long noticeable gap of silence.

I'm using firmware 15.02.

Does anyone have any information that can help keep? I'm sorry for the long description! Thanks in advance :)

TL;DR Delay tails are being cut off when I switch between scenes in a preset, with spillover on the delay continues but with a very noticeable gap. Please help me have seemless delay between scenes!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom