[not possible] Load backing tracks into FM3

The Headrush pedalboard has this great option to just load in Wave files or mp3 into the looper and play them as backing tracks. Why isn't there an option for this on the FM3? It kinda sucks having to bring your laptop to a gig or to use a phone via aux into input 2 when the fm3 could easily be used as an audio player.

I doubt anybody outside of FAS knows how much memory is available, but if that's a problem, there's a USB-A port on the back that you could imagine plugging thumb drive of MP3's into.

A lot of little looper pedals have the ability to load some loops into them, might work better than a phone or laptop, plus likely works better as a looper than the built in one

I doubt anybody outside of FAS knows how much memory is available, but if that's a problem, there's a USB-A port on the back that you could imagine plugging thumb drive of MP3's into.
That’d solve the problem for the FM3, but not for the other units. And I suspect it would open a can of worms for support when people tried powering other things that drew too much power and failed.

The Headrush pedalboard has this great option to just load in Wave files or mp3 into the looper and play them as backing tracks. Why isn't there an option for this on the FM3? It kinda sucks having to bring your laptop to a gig or to use a phone via aux into input 2 when the fm3 could easily be used as an audio player.
A lot of little looper pedals have the ability to load some loops into them, might work better than a phone or laptop, plus likely works better as a looper than the built in one

A while back Cliff said…
"Loopers have unique hardware requirements, i.e. lots of memory. General-purpose guitar processors like the Axe-Fx don't need the amounts of memory that loopers require and adding that memory for a single effect would increase costs, probably considerably. Furthermore the processors used in products like the Axe-Fx are limited in the amount of memory they can address. The DSP used in the Axe-Fx III is the most powerful commercial DSP available but it's still limited in it's memory address space. Also, most loopers trade off bit-depth and sample rate for loop time. Therefore you're unlikely to ever find a multi-effect that has the loop time and features as a dedicated looper. If I were to make a dedicated looper I probably wouldn't use a DSP but something like an ARM with a lot of external address space. There isn't really much audio processing required, it's mostly memory access." [1]

Loopers and backing track players need a lot of memory, so doing it in the modelers, especially the baby of the bunch, probably isn't going to be considered.

A quick search shows units designed to do this though… Idoru P-1 is new and looks interesting, though they're waiting on chips.

Back
Top Bottom