Line 6 octone

nriq

I just bought my axe fx ll. Great deal actually.
When I was with the idea in mind of buying one I talked to somebody who told me everything was possible as of for matching tones and recreating classic effects. True but it certainly requires exercising on the tone matching sport. I had once a Line 6 x3 live (the machine that started all for me :lol) and I must said that I had fun with it but was never too satisfied at the end. There was an amp model though that particularly I liked a lot that let me create some of my best presets. That was the line 6 octone amp. I like to think that I am going to be able to create something very close to that with the FX ll but I don't have the x3 live anymore and I just don't know exactly the nature of the Octone amp to match the tone as accurately as I liked it.
Could anybody out there give some advice on such an endeavour?
Does anybody know the Octone and its dynamics? Why it sounds like it does?

I happen to have a couple of POD XT's for the times when other band members need to go direct. The Octone model isn't even an amp. It's just some Line 6 original creation. The amp model has some kind of effect built into. Not sure what. Sounds kinda' like a wah almost. The name kinda' suggests an octave distortion. Haven't messed with those much, but I think the Axe has one in the drive block.

You're not gonna' find an amp in the Axe that sounds like that by itself. Just as well anyway, cool effect aside, that amp model sounds like garbage. You'll be able to sound a hundred times better with the Axe once you figure out the right settings/effects.

In the distortion type you can select octave distortion. I would start by trying that into a marshall maybe?

Back
Top Bottom