Line 6 DL4 Delay Modeler Pedal Emulation?

Dennis01

Any suggestions in the FM9 delay arsenal to emulate that kind of "wobbly LFO" effect one gets with the Line 6 DL4 Delay Modeler Pedal? Just about all the delays have some LFO parameters. But the ones I've heard from the Line 6 unit sound pretty unique. Wondering if any of the delays are modeled after that unit?

Thanks!

Fractals delays are word class, and I am never dissatisfied with the delay tones, but I do agree. When I was a poor college kid I had the Pod HD500, which used the delay models from the DL-4. There was something special about the modulation in the Digital + Mod, and Analog + Mod modes that I haven't been able to reproduce with other units. It is not necessarily better than the fractal sounds, but it was unique, as you said.

I suspect that with the delay models and controls we have over modulation in the DELAY block, we can emulate anything that Line6 is doing; it’s not like they’re spending huge amounts of R&D dollars on their delay sound or enabling deeper editing than Fractal.

If you put their pedal in an effects loop on the grid, along with a DELAY block, you can select the Line6 sound you like, then easily A/B with the Fractal block and adjust parameters until you have a match.

And, if you are unsure what is creating a particular sound, there’s probably someone in one of the DAW/plugin sites that dissected the sound and figured out a work-around, or already did it here. I’m always surprised what I find when I go on a searchin’ safari.

Back
Top Bottom