Lillian Axe preset in the works...

Singtall

Experienced
Vendor
I have in my possession a FM9 belonging to Stevie Blaze from the band Lillian Axe, and I'm working on a preset for him. Steve was the guy I watched in the club scene as a teenager, and he really had a profound effect on my musical future. I'd like to pay it back with a preset or two for his FM9. Steve is still playing thru a 4-12" cabinet loaded with greenbacks, but I'm hoping to convince him to go all digital, especially when they have to fly into a city for a show.

His soundman Jay Frederick dropped off the FM9 saying that Steve used his (Jay's) personal modded JCM800 from the 80's to record the album entitled Psychoshizophrenia, and to date it's been Steve's favorite amp that he has ever played thru.

So I started with the amp model JCM800 #34 and tweaked from there. I made a tonematch capture, and exported the cabinet, but it just didn't sound exactly right to me, so I added one of my own IR's to blend with it.

Once I was fairly happy with what I heard I moved on to adding parametric eq's to make the tones of a few past cd's, and I saved those in different scenes. the clean tone is based on what he's currently using live already.

If anyone would like to tweak on the preset and share the results it would be really cool.

Attachments

• Psychoschizophrenia 800 34.fasBundle
    62.5 KB · Views: 5
Back
Top Bottom