Lighting help

jonathaneaso

I have some moving spots and beams. I was wondering if it was possible that the light from the spot was so bright that it would literally melt the casing.
I have attached some pictures of the edges and was hoping to find more about this. The damage is on the front, but the lights were never pointed at each other, only at the back of each other.

Also, we bought a Chamsys QuickQ20 to control 2 universes, but the only problem with this is it takes very long to setup scenes for each venue we go to. Do you have a console that can control 2 universes that may be easier to control around 16 moving heads and around 30 pars or so?
thanks for any help.

Attachments

• 1567958487828.jpeg
    1567958487828.jpeg
    98.1 KB · Views: 40
  • 1567958487750.jpeg
    1567958487750.jpeg
    159 KB · Views: 40
  • 1567958487939.jpeg
    1567958487939.jpeg
    190.6 KB · Views: 41
The only lights that were so hot they turned stages into saunas were the traditional lights with bulbs. These days moving heads and beams are mostly of the LED variety. They shouldn't be that hot that they melt their own casings.

The only lights that were so hot they turned stages into saunas were the traditional lights with bulbs. These days moving heads and beams are mostly of the LED variety. They shouldn't be that hot that they melt their own casings.
Any idea what happened to them? Im just trying to prevent it from happening again
These are chinese branded lights called Artfox Vista 17R.

Without more info, I would say that those melts probably came from another fixture, could be one of yours or something that a venue had.
Under the right conditions, even a LED can produce a focused beam that will melt plastic.

Just Googled the specs. for the Artfox Vista 17R and they definitely don't use LED's.

http://www.artfox.net/moving-head-light-d0103005.html

"Lamps: The standard is Ultra Brightness YODN MSD 330w C18 8,000˚K , the Osram SIRIUS HRI 330 W ,8,000˚K is for Optional"

At 330 W, they are going to get hot...hot enough to melt plastic. I melted the plastic casing on a trouble light with a 100 W bulb.

That sounds like a terrible design, to build a lamp with a plastic casing with a bulb that can become so hot it can melt its casing. What kind of idiot designs and builds something like that?

I'm looking for a bright and sharp beam moving head where noise and size aren't an issue, as they will be used outdoors in a colder climate under a roof. I've been considering Osram Sirius lamps up to 550 watts with a narrow beam angle, but I'm unsure what strength of LED fixture I would need to match the output of such a lamp.
I need som guidance on:
What LED fixture specifications would be comparable to a 550W Osram Sirius lamp in terms of beam intensity and sharpness?
What price range I can expect for a LED moving heads that match these requirements/lamps?
I am focused solely on beam functionality without any unnecessary extra effects.
Thank you for your help!

Back
Top Bottom