Learn to recognise frequencies :)

audemia

Inspired
Hi guys
I made this for myself a while ago and it has really helped me a lot, so I thought I would share it (for $1)

Its a 39 minute "test" of frequency tones leaving you time inbetween to guess. However, the way I set it out is that all the tones are musical note tones (quantised to the 440 Hz chromatic scale). For example, the audio layout is like this:

{Tone} - pause - "F#" - {Tone again} - pause - "1480"

The idea being that you can become more familiar with the numerical frequency spectrum and at the same time hopefully develop some acquired perfect pitch.
I also put birds chirping and atmospheric junk in the background so that its not quite so dry.

Warning: all answers are spoken in an Australian accent. May cause nausea if unaccustomed.

It is available here:

https://frankbocconcini.bandcamp.com/releases

Its essentially a "pay whatever you want" type of deal, with a minimum of $1 (Aus). Enjoy, and I hope it helps you :)

~~~~~

Since some of the numbers are rather odd (being musical note values), you are not expected to guess the frequencies exactly. For example if the tone is 370 (another F#), and you guess 300, then that's pretty good! If you guess 400; even better! Ball park figures are all you need to mix music competently or remove feedback from a graphic EQ in a live situation (in my opinion).

Back
Top Bottom