Wish Layout Toggling via Stand In switch (or inbuilt switch)

Doogz

Inspired
Hi all

I'd love to be able to toggle between two Layouts (L) and a specific View (V) per layout - For example, to go between L1V1 and L3V2.

I know you can Select a Layout, and you can Increment +/- between layouts, but you can't toggle from one to another (well, not without going through all the layouts in between).

I'm not up on the FM3 but I do this on my FC12 for my AXE Fx3. I use a hold function on the upper right to choose layout 2 which gives me Scenes and The same hold function on that layout to give me Layout 3 which is effects. This just saves me doing the heel toe rock and then selecting the layout I want. I wont be home for 3hrs or so so I cant post a pic of the AXE Edit.

Layout toggle would serves no purpose as a built in switch function. When you change layouts, you are no longer looking at the same switches, so there's no way to hit that same switch again in order to toggle it. To accomplish this with the built in switches you have to put matching layout select functions on the same switch in both layouts which point back to the other layout.

For example, switch 1 in layout 1 would take you to layout 2 and switch 1 in layout 2 would take you back to layout 1. It's not a shared toggle function because they are different switches in two different layouts.

Via a stand-in switch though, a layout toggle function would be useful as that same switch can be actuated from any layout through the stand in switch feature. However, if this were added as a switch function, it would undoubtedly lead to people using it on their built in switches and wondering why it doesn't work as they expect.

Thanks for the feedback ... :)

I think I'm close to getting the functionality I want, and I'll also experiment with Layout Links (I already have one that takes me automagically from Presets to Scenes when I choose the Preset I want). I can get from the first layout to the second (eg via a Hold function, say from Scenes to FX), but getting back to where I was takes a bunch of steps.

I'm not sure if you can have a Layout Link on the Tap function, and another on the Hold function (I think it only works one way).

There is a workaround, but it’s a little out there.

If you want to ”toggle” between, say, layouts 1 and 3:

Set a footswitch to Layout, Inc, +2, Wrap, Lower limit 1, Upper limit 4.
You would have to set the same footswitch in both layouts you want to “toggle” between.

There is a workaround, but it’s a little out there.

If you want to ”toggle” between, say, layouts 1 and 3:

You would have to set the same footswitch in both layouts you want to “toggle” between.

Yep, have been trying that. I have my second stand in switch set to change views. Essentially I want one stand in switch to always go to my Presets Layout and toggle to my Control/Tuner layout (ie on the hold function), and the other stand in switch to always go to my Scenes layout and scroll through the views - again toggling to Control on the hold function.

This could work... i could set one footswitch to increment the layouts on the tap function, and go straight to a different layout on the hold function. I can them set the other switch to scroll thru views.

Back
Top Bottom