Layout Help

Jipps0525

Power User
I need some layout help. Whenever I tap the yellow PRST/TUNR button, I want it to go to my presets layout, which it does, but it keeps changing the preset. I want it to stay on the same preset. I want to have 6 presets on the right in layout 1 that don't get changed at all. I want to have to manually choose which preset I want, but want the preset to remain active among other button taps or when tapping to go back to the preset layout but it keeps changing my preset. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Test Layout FM9.fclayout
    85 KB · Views: 2
Post a screenshot of the switch config from the editor.

I suspect it has both a preset select and a layout link and should probably not have either but rather a layout select function.

Not in front of my unit right now to load the layout.

For clarification, you're asking if your preferred layout 1 can have 6 presets, and you'd like to select a specific preset from the 6 that PRST/TUNR defaults to when you step on PRST/TUNR?

I suspect it has both a preset select and a layout link and should probably not have either but rather a layout select function.

I can post a screenshot when I get back home.

For clarification, you're asking if your preferred layout 1 can have 6 presets, and you'd like to select a specific preset from the 6 that PRST/TUNR defaults to when you step on PRST/TUNR?
That sounds about right. I want to be able to select one preset, travel to scenes or effects layouts and have a preset button that goes back to my presets layout (layout 1) without it changing the preset. Right now when I hit the presets button from a different layout, it takes me to the presets layout but changes the preset

That sounds about right. I want to be able to select one preset, travel to scenes or effects layouts and have a preset button that goes back to my presets layout (layout 1) without it changing the preset. Right now when I hit the presets button from a different layout, it takes me to the presets layout but changes the preset
IIRC, setting the current and startup view in FC Edit > Devices will help with that.

What exactly are you looking to see in a screen shot? I dont see a button that says switch config but I see FC Config or Edit Links next to layout links

What exactly are you looking to see in a screen shot? I dont see a button that says switch config but I see FC Config or Edit Links next to layout links
Go to the FC Edit and change to the layout containing the problem switch.

Select the switch and grab a screenshot.

For Layout Links, click the Edit Links button next and grab that screen.

Edit: updated my reply after looking at the editor.

Last edited:
Go to the FC Edit and change to the layout containing the problem switch.

Select the switch and grab a screenshot.

For Layout Links, click the Edit Links button next and grab that screen.

Edit: updated my reply after looking at the editor.
See attached pics.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-09-06 214816.png
    Screenshot 2022-09-06 214816.png
    160.4 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot 2022-09-06 214840.png
    Screenshot 2022-09-06 214840.png
    158.7 KB · Views: 6
See attached pics.
Ok... Your switch is set to select preset by number (preset 001).

That is it's primary function.

It also has a layout link that takes you to Layout 1 after the primary function triggers.

If you want that switch to specifically only go to Layout 1, then change the Tap function from Preset->Select by Number to Layout-> Select by Number.

Then remove the Layout Link.

Edit:

Also, just to point out the switch label does clearly said "Preset+1" ;)

Ok... Your switch is set to select preset by number (preset 001).

That is it's primary function.

It also has a layout link that takes you to Layout 1 after the primary function triggers.

If you want that switch to specifically only go to Layout 1, then change the Tap function from Preset->Select by Number to Layout-> Select by Number.

Then remove the Layout Link.

Edit:

Also, just to point out the switch label does clearly said "Preset+1" ;)
I know. That’s because I couldn’t get it to just go back to my page of presets while staying on the same preset. There is no option to not change your preset, so I tried to make my presets page, layout 1, but it was still changing the preset

I know. That’s because I couldn’t get it to just go back to my page of presets while staying on the same preset. There is no option to not change your preset, so I tried to make my presets page, layout 1, but it was still changing the preset
Just follow the steps I outlined...

Back
Top Bottom