Layout for FM9 + FC6

I use an FC6 with an FM9. I had created my own layouts on the FM9, but when I added the FC6 I didn't have to change any of them. The FC6 duplicates the first 6 footswitches. At first that seemed like a waste, I wanted to put different things on those switches. But because the FC6 can have a different active layout than the FM9, I found that provided all the switch access I needed while keeping the assignments consistent in cases where I use the FM9 without the FC6.

So bottom line, no special layout is needed when you add an FC6 or FC12, just select different layouts on the FC6 and FM9 to access more switches at the same time.

Since the label OMG-15 was already used for FM3+FC12, we'd need to call it something else ("OFM9+6G") but maybe I could create this for you. We'd need to decide how it should work. Perhaps on the FC there would be five mode select switches (presets, scenes, fx, looper, set/song) plus a dedicated Tap/Tune switch. The 9 switches of the FM9 then do 9 different things in each mode.

Since the label OMG-15 was already used for FM3+FC12, we'd need to call it something else ("OFM9+6G") but maybe I could create this for you. We'd need to decide how it should work. Perhaps on the FC there would be five mode select switches (presets, scenes, fx, looper, set/song) plus a dedicated Tap/Tune switch. The 9 switches of the FM9 then do 9 different things in each mode.
Thanks Matt, that would be awesome!! :)

Has anyone created a layout that ties the FM9 with the FC6 for a unified layout?

Thanks
D
Alternatively, is it possible to just use one of the default layouts for the FM9 and then tweak the FC6 on it's own (via FM9 edit) to have it function autonomously?

The reason being, or more specifically what I am trying to accomplish, would be for example to have the effects layout showing on the FM9 where it gives me the five effects across the bottom with the sixth one being more effects and then it goes to a second page for another five for a total of 10 displayed effects. Ideally I would like the FC6 to show effects, but to show effects that are different than the ones that FM9 shows...so I could either have more than 10 effects stompable (I know I know who needs that many) or I could have the FM9 show my first primary ones, the FC6 show my next primary ones, and then the 2nd page/layout of the FM9 (own you hit more) show the additional five more obscure ones.

Thanks,
Derek

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom