Killswitch Engage tones?

AaronB

The tone from "The End of Heartache". Anyone just happen to dial that in? I have been trying but I'm really new to the world of fractal so I'm having a hard enough time finding the amps eq lol from what I can tell people seem pretty reluctant to share patches like this. That or they couldn't make it happen much like myself ;) Anyway, if you do happen to have it or something similar that would be much appreciated.

Listening to it, that's definitely a German sound. When I looked them up, I found that Adam from Killswitch Engage uses a variety of amps according to them including the Diezel VH4 and the Hughes and Kettner Triamp Mk II. So, try the Das Metal model(VH4) with the German V30(RW) Cab for the heavy parts. The sound is not fizzy, so let the master volume do the work. I found that by cracking open the drive to 1.5 and the cranking the master to about 4 and dialing the eq in for the guitar, I could get close with one guitar.

The unfortunate thing is that both the Triamp MkII and the VH4 have lots of different sounds on multiple channels. I have a Triamp MkII. From my experience with it, I'd say that the Bogner Models(Shiver Clean, Shiver Lead, Euro Red, Euro Blue, and Uber) are closest to what that amp sounds like.

Doing a little more research out on the web, I came across this.....
For the recording of "The End of Heartache" album, both he and fellow guitarist, Joel Stroezel used a Framus Dragon running into a Mesa 4x12 with Celestion Vintage 30's, and a Peavey 5150 running into a VHT 4x12 cabinet with P50E speakers. However, the Framus Dragon was not used on the recording of the track "Rose of Sharyn", with a Framus Cobra used in its place.
Hmmmm....

Last edited:
KSE are some of the biggest gear flippers out there.
Besides what's been mentioned they've also been known to use
Mesa Roadsters and 5150s' (I and II')
I blend of some kind is probably going to be what get's you the closest.

I did a demo which I will fire up when I get the chance.

The REAL end of heartache album was 4 tracks of rhythm guitar; a 5150 panned left and right and a framus dragon panned left and right (except for Rose of Sharyn which had Framus cobra instead of the dragon).

They also use Maxon OD808 overdrives in front of the amp without fail, and recording with a guitar with EMG 81 in the bridge is essential.

I saw a gear tour with times of grace pretty much killswitch with old singer they were using splawn nitros maxon 808 pedal with tone all the way up gain all the way down volume all the way up cant remeber which cabs but thats what i know

Back
Top Bottom