Keven Eknes takes the FM3 for a quick spin

Really great playing there! FM3 sounds fantastic. Wish there was more extreme gain stuff showcased, but hopefully in future videos. What is he playing through (in terms of powered FRFR)?

Really great playing there! FM3 sounds fantastic. Wish there was more extreme gain stuff showcased, but hopefully in future videos. What is he playing through (in terms of powered FRFR)?

Don't worry, there will be plenty of extreme high gain showcasing in the upcoming days/weeks as people gets their FM3s. I actually think this is a wonderful breath of fresh air, a pro player who knows his dynamics instead of endless chugga chugga (and take that from someone who loves chugging tones 😊)

The Vox and Fender presets at the end are awesome 😎 Do you also hear a noisegate engaged in every preset in the video? On the AX 8 I disengaged the noisegate on every preset I used as I do not like it 🤷‍♂️ it seems to cut off the guitar signal at some parts 🤔 with the princeton preset at the end the noisegate is not noticeable as the preset less gain. Or am I totally wrong?

The Vox and Fender presets at the end are awesome 😎 Do you also hear a noisegate engaged in every preset in the video? On the AX 8 I disengaged the noisegate on every preset I used as I do not like it 🤷‍♂️ it seems to cut off the guitar signal at some parts 🤔 with the princeton preset at the end the noisegate is not noticeable as the preset less gain. Or am I totally wrong?
Yeah, there's quite a bit of noise while he's playing, probably all the lights and the gear to make the video didn't create a good environment for those single coils

Yup, this is why the downward expander in the 12.02 axe fx 3 firmware was such a big deal to me - it virtually eliminates this! A single coil (or super gain heavy metal player's) dream!! :D

This is a great example that tone and style is truly in the hands of the PLAYER - all except 2 of those amps have been known for being used as raging shred monsters in heavy bands, yet here it sounds like the Angels playing harps. From the same crushing metal amps like the '5153'

It's all in the fingers after all!

Back
Top Bottom