Just purchased and received 2nd fc 12 need power adapter Please respond asap.

Keith White

Experienced
I just received my 2nd fc 12 (the first is for selecting presets and the 2nd will be my stomp box for pedal blocks) and didnt realize i had to have a power adapter to power it. In the manual it says can purchase through fractal website but i cannot find it anywhere in the store. The specs are 9-12 v dc 1000 ma negative center 2.5 mm barrel I prefer it be a fractal product but the manual also says you can use a 3rd party with these specs. I have looked on amazon and ebay but Zero chance I will order it not knowing EXACTLY which one because I know nothing about this and I will not blow up my equipment so It would be very much appreciated if someone at fractal will send me a link to purchase it from fractal - preferred - or an exact link to purchase it from the internet please. I do not want to risk plugging the wrong thing in to it. too many numbers in the required specs for me to try to figure this out, especially having zero experience with this. It is driving me nuts receiving it today and not being able to program it. Having so much money invested in my gear I cannot accept the words 'this should work' which is why i wont order without an exact link :)

Higher rating is fine. If you really insist on 2.5mm just buy a jack and swap it. 👍
the 2.5 mm barrel is what the requirement for the fc 12

directly from the manual... s Power Inlet — The first FC unit connected to an Axe‑Fx III requires no AC power; the XLR cable powers the unit and handles all communications. Any additional FC units connected in a daisy chain (p. 6) require power from an AC adapter. Adapters ar available from https://shop.fractalaudio.com or you can use a thirdparty adapter rated at 9–12V DC, 1000 ma, negative center, 2.5mm barrel. FASLINK II will not power the FC Controller if the AC Adapter is connected—whether or not the adapter is plugged in.

directly from the manual... s Power Inlet — The first FC unit connected to an Axe‑Fx III requires no AC power; the XLR cable powers the unit and handles all communications. Any additional FC units connected in a daisy chain (p. 6) require power from an AC adapter. Adapters ar available from https://shop.fractalaudio.com or you can use a thirdparty adapter rated at 9–12V DC, 1000 ma, negative center, 2.5mm barrel. FASLINK II will not power the FC Controller if the AC Adapter is connected—whether or not the adapter is plugged in.
2.1 mm is too small

I get that. Itll work though, just wont fit as tight. Thats why I said to just buy a 2.5 and throw it on if you want the tighter fit.

I get that. Itll work though, just wont fit as tight. Thats why I said to just buy a 2.5 and throw it on if you want the tighter fit.
i dont know how to do that not trying to sound difficult but i do not do things i dont know how to do, especially splicing wires. thats why i prefer a link to the exact one to buy

Amazon search "dc power supply 9v 2.5mm".

Any of them that are 1000mA (aka, 1A) or higher should work.

You need:
  • 9-12v DC
  • 2.5mm jack
  • Center negative
  • At least 1000mA

It is weird that the manual says that adapter is available from Fractal, but like you I don't see it in their shop.

Maybe email support and ask if you can get through them.

That said, of they don't have them. anything that's the right size, right voltage, and at least the required amperage should work.

The 2.1 mm will fit tighter, not looser, it's the inner diameter of the negative connector. The outer diameter on those plugs is 5.5 mm. I have a 1 Spot and it powers up the FC-12 just fine.

I'm pretty sure the connector on the FC units is a 2.1 mm center pin, not 2.5. It looks identical to all the 2.1 mm connectors I've got on various pedals. The plug is recessed so I can't get calipers on it to measure it directly, but it's definitely narrower than a 2.5 mm hex key.

Last edited:
Yep. Fits mine just fine too. The 1Spot's 2.1 mm plug will not fit in other 2.5mm jack's I've got and it fits perfectly in the FC-12. I'm convinced that it is actually a 2.1mm DC jack and not a 2.5mm as stated in the manual.

Back
Top Bottom