Just ordered an Axe, can you answer a question please

bluenose

Hello i've just ordered an AxeFX :) I cant wait to get my hands on it, its like Christmas has come early. Yeah

I was hoping some kind chap could answer a question for me. On the back of the axe which is the analog out put ?

I need to plug my axe into a RCA input on some powered speakers. But where do i plug it into the Axe, what cable do i need ?

Thank you :p

You'll need either an xlr to rca or 1/4" to rca adapto plut/cable. Rca connections are unbalanced so might as well just stick with the 1/4" jacks on the Axefx.

I believe this is my first post, so go easy ;)

If you look at the rear of the Axe-Fx, you will see under OUTPUT 1 there are 2 Unbalanced outputs. These should connect to your powered speakers with 1/4" <-> RCA cables (probably male to male). These aren't uncommon.

That said, if your speakers also accept XLR connectors (the other OUTPUT 1 connectors), you should probably use those if your cables will need to be reasonably long. The balanced connections are more noise-resilient as far as I know; in that case you should buy 2 XLR Female <-> XLR Male cables.

EDIT: Typo RCA instead of 1/4"

Back
Top Bottom