Just ordered a GR Guitar 210-A-ST, not sure how to correctly wire it up along with my interface.

Boy_Narf

Hello Everyone,

I have been eyeballing a GR Guitar 210-A-ST for about a year now and finally decided to give it a shot. I know it's probably not the best sounding out there, but I like the idea of having a stereo rig in such a compact format (I know there isn't much spread for stereo effects, but I always use stereo IR's so thinking it will be a good match for that).

I need some help with how to wire everyhting up. I currently have the FM3 connected to my Roland Studio Capture into inputs 15/16 (1/4" inputs), using XLR - 1/4 cables. Now I'm wondering how to best connect both the interface and the FRFR.

1. Keep the interface wired up as is and run output 2 into the FRFR.

- Should I use regular 1/4 cables, or should they be TRS?

2. Run the FRFR out of the XLR outs using standard XLR cables, then run output 2 into the studio capture 15/16 (1/4" inputs).

- Again should I be using 1/4, TRS, or should these be "humbuster" cables?

- Or should I be plugging output 2 into one of the channels that has a HI-Z/DI option (input 1&2)?

----------

I did about 30 mins of searching last night and found lots of info but wasn't able to come up with a concrete solution for my setup. Sorry if this has been answered before.

Thx.

A truly balanced connection is usually best, if the FRFR and interface have balanced connections (XLR or TRS), use them.

With my AxeFX3 I use balanced output 1 for FOH and balanced output 2 for my SS amp & live speakers.

Works great for me.

Dom

Afaik out 2 is ts/unbalanced. I did a bunch more research and it seems I should be running humbuster cables from out2 into any downstream gear to limit noise. Can anyone confirm?

This way I would keep out 1 running into my interface then run two humbuster cables into the frfr.

Back
Top Bottom