Jensen Neo

dunkin

Anyone here using a 12" Jensen Neo? I was told by a local speaker repair shop that it is a neutral sounding guitar speaker. I have a Rocktron Velocity 300 on it's way and I wanted to use it with my 1-12 cab. My cab presently has a Celestion V30 in it. I understand that the Neo is a very light speaker and will handle more power than the V30, but, does it sound good with the Axe? :roll:

the tornado jet is a great speaker! ive sold and used quite a few. its 100 watt and no flub. its very tight. the tornado,c12k,evm,and deltapro are the 4 speakers i use the most of in my builds. it has early edge compared to ev and delta. but holds together alot longer than any celestion. and no flub! i was totally skeptical of the neos till i had a chance to try them in different setups. i use the tornado in thieles.

i used jensen neo & tonkerlite neo loaded cabs with my axe before i
switched to the 8ma, & they sounded spectacular, not to mention light weight.

PM me if you like a great deal on nicely broken in neos.

i'm using a jensen jet tornado in my port city OS wave 1x12 cab and it sounds amazing. flat and dark are two adjectives that do NOT describe this speaker

Update:
I tested my new 12" Neo ( in a 1-12 cab) using my new Rocktron Velosity 300 power amp and my Ultra. At first, I thought the speaker was dull sounding but, realized that it was the power amp that sounded a little lifeless. With the 300's channel volume at about 10:00 I cranked that channel's two eq knobs up to around 12:00 and that did the trick for me. Nice full tone with sparkle on top. As I turned up the 300's volume I could adjust for less of the eq on the amp. Overall, this worked out very well.
I A/B'd this against one of my tube amps and it was surprisingly close in tone and feel.

Back
Top Bottom