It Just Keeps Delivering The Goods!

Sleestak

Power User
Each summer I participate in a music workshop on the East Coast, and the participants organize live performances in the evenings (generally covers). Over the years that I've attended, I have played widely varying stuff including industrial rock (e.g., Rammstein), new wave (e.g., The Vapors), disco (e.g., Village People), blues (e.g., SRV), prog rock (e.g., King Crimson), and more. This is a fly date for me, and the only items I bring along are my guitar and a small pedalboard with my FM3 and two EV-2 pedals. I have received complements on my tone, and people are often surprised that I can create such densely processed tones with just a strat and the FM3.
That is a huge nod to the folks at Fractal Audio Systems. I can walk to the stage with my guitar in one hand, and my small pedalboard in the other. I plug in a couple of cables, and I'm ready to play. There are other guitar processors there, and sure, they sound good too. But every time I use my FM3, I just can't believe how much power it packs in a small rig.

I'll add that my touring rig is an AxeFX III into powered monitors, plus an RJM Mastermind GT16 board with a pair of EV-1 expression pedals and a pair of custom dual-switches with LEDs. It is another whole world of awesome. It just takes more work to move around and set up :)

Back
Top Bottom