Is there any advantage to using SPDIF between my Axe III and my Mixer/Digital Soundcard?

I don't quite follow what you're saying (there shouldn't any need for separate monitors or a switcher), but my point is simply that the desire to listen to system audio when their AxeFX is off does not need to be a reason for the average AxeFX to abandon USB.

I don't quite follow what you're saying (there shouldn't any need for separate monitors or a switcher), but my point is simply that the desire to listen to system audio when their AxeFX is off does not need to be a reason for the average AxeFX to abandon USB.
It does though. In order to use the USB input you need to use the AFX as your interface. In order to do that, you need to output directly from the AFX to your monitors. If you're outputting from the AFX to your monitors then you're not going to get any audio if the AFX is off. On pc you can't use more than one audio interface at a time., so you can't set it up to see the input of the AFX and the input of the other interface.

It doesn't need to be connected directly. You can run the analog outs from your AxeFX to your audio interface, and from there to your monitors. It works fine for me on Windows.

I only made a general comment about the average AxeFX user, both Mac and Windows, who is recording a guitar via the AxeFX. I'm not trying to tell any one person in particular what is best for them.

Back
Top Bottom