Is there a stock Fender strat/tele with the flat oval roasted necks ?

WKSmith

Power User
I put a replacement tele neck on a custom thinline a while back and I absolutely love it.

Is anyone aware of a stock guitar model with that 12" radius roasted maple neck with the flat oval profile?

Here are some common examples in this link.
Are you referring to a Standard Thin profile?

https://warmoth.com/guitar-neck-profiles
More about the actual Fender replacement necks. I have a couple of builds with the modern C and a paisley with the chonky modified D and this last one is the flat oval.

The flat oval is closer to my Charvel than to the modern C. It is a lot faster and with a graph tech nut sanded just right, it plays like one built by a master.

I haven't found a single stock fender guitar with that neck profile yet though.

Fender makes a '60s Oval C neck shape which may be what your looking for. Sweetwater sells a GT11 American Professional II model with an 11" radius and that neck shape. The only other Fender models I know of with the '60's Oval C are on Custom Shop models and some limited edition or dealer American models.
Good luck with the search.

Fender makes a '60s Oval C neck shape which may be what your looking for. Sweetwater sells a GT11 American Professional II model with an 11" radius and that neck shape. The only other Fender models I know of with the '60's Oval C are on Custom Shop models and some limited edition or dealer American models.
Thank you!!

Based on the article I linked above (which could be wrong, I know), the flat oval is a "flattened variation of the traditional C profile".

Based on that, I wouldn't expect a 60s neck to be the same...

More about the actual Fender replacement necks. I have a couple of builds with the modern C and a paisley with the chonky modified D and this last one is the flat oval.

The flat oval is closer to my Charvel than to the modern C. It is a lot faster and with a graph tech nut sanded just right, it plays like one built by a master.

I haven't found a single stock fender guitar with that neck profile yet though.

So are we thinking the shoulders of the neck would be very rounded & not tall?
Fyi, the most common neck shape sold by Warmoth is the Standard Thin back.
I am wondering if you are thinking about more of an Ibanez neck back profile, like a Wizard?

I'm going to pick up a cheap contour gauge to see what the difference is. I took a chance on the flat oval, and now it makes my modern C guitars get no playing time 🤣

Back
Top Bottom