Is it possible to use a single switch to toggle blocks?

Doug Notter

Inspired
Forgive me if this is one of those things that I somehow manage to keep overlooking but I don't see how to do it. :p

In a simple example, while in the effects layout I'd like to set a single FC switch to toggle between 2 drive blocks. I only want one on at a time, never both off so just switching between them would be all I need in that instance.

I know this can be achieved with scenes but I prefer the effects layout. Feels like pedals. I used to keep 2 pedals next to each other so I could toggle with one stomp. Same thing just trying to save a switch on the FC6. I've been having FC12 envy. This would help.

Two very easy ways to do it -

1. Use the Multiplexor block, have two parallel paths - one per drive block, and then use a single foot switch to toggle channels on the multiplexor to select the path you want
2. Control switch, set a control switch on the foot switch. Set this control switch to bypass both drives - but flip one of them (i.e. set the parameter range on one to be on when the other is off) - then this toggles

Hope this helps

#2 sounds closer to what I had in mind. Never would have thought about using the multiplexor block. I'll give those a shot. Thank you!

I didn't know channel toggle was a thing but that sounds pretty cool. It's amazing how little I know about this unit even after using it for 2.5 years. :oops:

Now I have three options that I need to figure out how to actually do. lol. Thanks!

I didn't know channel toggle was a thing but that sounds pretty cool. It's amazing how little I know about this unit even after using it for 2.5 years. :oops:

Now I have three options that I need to figure out how to actually do. lol. Thanks!
Read the Fractal Audio Footswitch Functions Guide.

It's not very long and you'll then be aware of what's possible :)

Back
Top Bottom