IS it me or is it a bug?

Emil

Okay, so I got the fm9 turbo 4-5 weeks ago and this is the first time I had time to sit down with it.
So I want to have the bottom right switch toggle setlist in Ableton up and down. Send the actual midi message is not the problem, but getting the switch to work in a momentary won't work.

The FC layout looks like CONTROL SWITCH -> MOMENTARY -> CS2, and I won't get it to be momentary.

a side note is when you set it to latching it's way slower than the other switches.

if someone has the time to check if their fm9 behaves the same it would be lovely! cheers!

Emil

Attachments

• Skärmavbild 2022-10-17 kl. 20.46.20.png
    Skärmavbild 2022-10-17 kl. 20.46.20.png
    347.9 KB · Views: 4
You cannot assign any momentary function to the lower right switch because it has a hidden hold function used to access the Master Layout Menu. Here's a note from the Footswitch Functions Guide:

the “MLM Switch Combination” relies on an invisible Hold function on the lower right switch. A Momentary Control Switch assigned to the to the Tap function of the lower right switch will therefore not work unless the MLM is disabled in SETUP.

PS: That note was written before FM9 existed, when it applied to FC-6 and FC-12 only. I've just updated it to also mention FM9.

The bottom right switch is used in conjunction with the top right switch to access the Master Layout Menu (MLM). You will need to disable this function to use it as a momentary switch.

You cannot assign any momentary function to the lower right switch because it has a hidden hold function used to access the Master Layout Menu. Here's a note from the Footswitch Functions Guide:

the “MLM Switch Combination” relies on an invisible Hold function on the lower right switch. A Momentary Control Switch assigned to the to the Tap function of the lower right switch will therefore not work unless the MLM is disabled in SETUP.
Second Jinx of the day!

PS: That note was written before FM9 existed, when it applied to FC-6 and FC-12 only. I've just updated it to also mention FM9.
The bottom right switch is used in conjunction with the top right switch to access the Master Layout Menu (MLM). You will need to disable this function to use it as a momentary switch.
Thanks, guys!
My thoughts earlier today were "I really should read manuals more often"

All the best

Emil

Back
Top Bottom