IR Cabs And Console

ngomaichi

As a long-time user of gigantic guitar amp cabinets and frequent redecorator of my kitchen from turning them up (hundred watt Friedman amp will rearrange content of kitchen cabinet when cranked) I have decided to do an experiment with image response convolutions and a good amplifier reactive load box. I'm all loaded up with the Rivera Rock Crusher but it has occurred to me that I cannot instantiate a convolution plug-in (Redwirez MixIR2) in that coveted first slot of console (for Unison etc).

My thinking is that I would like my cabinet to come before my mic pre and EQ etc. Right now the best thinking I have is to run the rock crusher line out into a genuine API mic pre-, use console to route it into logic, and use my convolution engine plug-in there. This will add a couple of milliseconds of latency that I did not have when monitoring console on input. Does anyone have a better way to do this?does anything I have not thought of with the flex routing allow me to put a convolution engine before console API strips-for latency free tracking?

The gear slut in me says by a real Neve channel strip and run all of that before console ha ha

Back
Top Bottom