AFIII Inxs What You Need cover

Keith White

Experienced
This is my guitar cover of INXS. What you need and I’m using the Choptones the police volume one scene two So Lonely preset. The only thing I did extra was at the drive and it’s the micro boost set on gain five I’m playing this and several other cool songs filling in on guitar at Florabama July 26 and August 3

I like it, Keith! Love that song. I don't think INXS is an easy band to cover.
Yup. INXS = 2 guitarists, keyboards for many tunes I think. It’s gotta be challenging to boil your own live cover down to your one guitar covering that territory? I guess you could use backing tracks to fill some sonic space or you’re left to create your own composition. Nice job.

Sounds great Keith! You do the E-F# chord move the way they do it too! I think it's the only song I've done that has that move. You nailed it!

Nice! I saw them in 1988. One of the best shows I have ever seen. I am going to check this out this evening. Thanks for the link!!

Replying to myself. I just finished watching that whole show. Holy moly that was incredible! The band was so tight. No individual player was doing too much; all their parts blended into a greater sound. I would love to find some stems to hear it is all put together.

Replying to myself. I just finished watching that whole show. Holy moly that was incredible! The band was so tight. No individual player was doing too much; all their parts blended into a greater sound. I would love to find some stems to hear it is all put together.
Yeah those stems would be fun, and potentially instructive. The whole band serves the songs really well.

It's that, and a lot of it is the songs, and Michael Hutchence. Archetypical rock band front man that guy there.

Can't remember what band, but there was an interview with some big band talking about watching that video over and over on the tour bus, like it was going to Rock Star School.

But star stuff aside, there's a whole series of their albums that have been super favorites of mine for many years, for whatever reason. Sexy, ballsy, interesting, familiar but different. I dig em.

It's that, and a lot of it is the songs, and Michael Hutchence. Archetypical rock band front man that guy there.

But star stuff aside, there's a whole series of their albums that have been super favorites of mine for many years, for whatever reason. Sexy, ballsy, interesting, familiar but different. I dig em.
Totally agree. I saw their "1988/Kick" tour and it remains at least a Top-10 show for me among the couple of hundred(+) concerts I've seen.

And @Keith White, that LP Classic you have there is a beauty.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom